Saturday, March 17, 2018

Shopping

I finally gave in and went shopping today. I was going to go yesterday but the weather looked crappy and then I couldn't pry myself off the couch to go. Last night I decided I was going today no matter what the weather. It was predicted to be wet and snowing all day, thankfully it was not. It had snowed a few inches overnight so everything was snowy and slushy. I made the stupid mistake of wearing my tennis shoes because I wanted something with traction, and my socks were soaked halfway to Dollar Tree. I was originally going to go to Hobby Lobby, but there's nothing I need there (ok, not that I really need things from other places), but I talked myself out of it.
I really did need to go to Dollar Tree, I had a list, though I only picked up two at Dollar Tree and one at Walmart and still need a fourth.
First stop was Dollar Tree, boring stuff first:
 conditioner, sponges, box, envelopes, socks, shipping labels, glue dots.
The things that were on my list were conditioner, sponges and then the envelopes that I forgot about until I was in that aisle. I know I have another box of the these legal size envelope somewhere, but I can't find them (of course, now that I bought these, I'll find the box, but you can never have enough envelopes). I picked up the box because I keep having swaps come up to fill one of these boxes with embellishments, but I never have the box, and now that I do, there won't be another swap. I picked up the sock because they were cute, they say they're men's socks, but I bet they'll be fine. I like glue dots.
I found new stickers:
 All but the summery ones are new. I was really looking for the cactus ones I've seen in people's hauls, but oh well, I probably wouldn't use them anyway. I feel I should make a pocket letter with the bird/butterfly ones.
 eggs, stickers, notecards, treat bags, pig
I saw someone pick up these bunny eggs and I wanted them. I'm not exactly sure why I picked up the treat bags. I don't have a lot of people I give stuff to for Easter (and I keep doing less because I'm tired of giving and not getting). I was looking for bicycled note cards I've seen, but I thought the donut and cat ones were cute, too. I'm thinking of using the pig for a gift box, as he is a box.
My next stop was Target:
 I had a cartwheel for the Reece's crunchers and the Butterfinger eggs.  Now that I have the eggs and the treat bags, I have to put something in them, so I picked up the Twix eggs. I totally picked up the two trail mixes because they sounded good.
 
 sticky notes, pens, spring chipboard stickers, card.
I thought the sticky notes would be fun to to put in a pocket letter (like I need more). I just thought the palm tree pen was wicked cute, and I guess I'm back to picking up gel pens. I saw this cute hedgehog card, and I probably could have made one, but it made me think of a friend, so I picked it up for her.
Here's what in the chipboard sticker set:
 There's lots of variations with different parts being glittery or holographic on them. I feel I'll use these more than the Valentine's Day ones.
I admit, I may have picked up some things I normally wouldn't buy because I had a gift card. I wouldn't pick up some of the chocolate I got in February, I wouldn't have picked up the two trail mixes, and I wouldn't have picked up the chipboard stickers. I think they're all a bit more than I really want to spend, and I shouldn't buy them when I have the gift card so I can make it last longer, but whatever.
Last stop was Walmart:
 shoes, shirt, tape bubble mailers.
Sadly, the wine colored ones, which were on sale, don't fit. They say 7 1/2, but either my feet have grown a lot, or the curling of these make them fit smaller. I figure I'll take them to work or Goodwill. I picked up the shirt because it was wicked cute, it does say it's a St. Patrick's Day shirt, but with the butterflies I can wear it whenever. I'm trying to always pick up a package of double stick tape every time I'm at Walmart, that way I can't run out. I needed bubble mailers, this is a pack of 12 for about $5.
chocolate, stickers, marshmallow pops.
 I wasn't going to buy any stickers, but these are not Easter looking, and the sloth sold it for me. I picked up the chocolate covered cashews at Target last month, and I looked at them today, and they were $4 something, these were $3.98, I'm eating them now, and I think the dark chocolate ones are much better. I picked up the marshmallow pops for my Easter basket.
I ordered from Hollar last week (I know I said I was done, but they sent me a 40% off coupon), and it came today
 There's two hand towels, a set of lined sticky notes, a minion with a lollipop, a mystery carebear egg, a bunch of candy coated peanuts and a couple Easter basket things. One is a chick that comes with lollipops, stickers and eggs. The other is a minion one that has a minion mystery thing, some gummies and something else.
I also ordered two mystery Easter baskets:
I can feel that they both have a box or basket but I don't know what's in them. I don't know if I want to open them now or not.
I kinda think I should because if there's stuff I don't want I can take it to work.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What are those glue dots. I'm not familiar with them. Wow, what a day you had. You bought so many cute things.