Saturday, January 06, 2018

weird week

I might be going back to weekly posts. One of my New Year's resolutions, or hopes was to buy less stuff and use more of what I have. I was doing rather well, until today, we'll get to that.
Sunday: my coat broke, some of the teeth on the zipper broke off. It's been wicked cold, negative double digits mostly. So, having that happen as I was rushing out the door to work, didn't help. I wore my 30 degree winter coat with my roommate's coat on top of it. Work was pretty slow, not sure if it was the cold or the holiday. I did order a new coat that night.
Monday: I didn't go anywhere, or do anything. I probably sat on my butt watching YouTube and movies all day.
Tuesday: my mother dropped off an old winter coat to tide me over until the new coat came in. I didn't actually go outside except to pick up that coat. Again, sat on my butt and watched the TV all day. I finished a couple swaps to mail out on Wednesday.
Year round tags:
Year round paper clips:
And I got a winter pocket letter in the mail:
Wednesday: I opened at the library, ran my errands of post office and grocery shopping. I spent a ton when I had a list of stuff for my 3rd job and some stuff that was on sale.
I saw this display at the store and was interested, just not in spending $4 on them:
 Don't they just look yummy?
Thursday: My first day at my third job, I had some training, came home had lunch, and then went to the library for the night. I was wicked tired and my feet really hurt by the time I got home.
Friday: I had to work all day at the bookstore.
Today: I was supposed to work 10-4, but it was pretty dead, so they sent me home shortly after 2.
I found a holiday card in my mailbox:
 I also gave in and spent some money. They had me on returns at the bookstore, which means I stand in the computer section and apparently they sell movies over there. So I was staring at them and bought a few. I picked up the new Robocop on DVD for $3.99, I also picked up Sabotage and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation on Blu-ray for $6.99. I bought a couple spiral bound notebooks and a hoodie. I spent about $55. I realized when I got home, I got the wrong Mission Impossible, I saw Jeremy Renner on the cover and thought it was Ghost Protocol, I'm gonna see if I can return it on Monday, if not, I'm ok with it.
I also finished a few projects. This one is probably a baby gift:
 A February calendar tag:
 And some alphabet tags:
My plan is to watch some ER, take a shower, eat supper and read some before bed. We'll see if it actually happens.

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

My goodness sounds to me like you have been pretty busy! Enjoyed all of your photos.