Monday, January 01, 2018

Happy New Year!!

I hope it's happy. Yesterday certainly wasn't, but let's start with Thursday, because that's where I left off. I read that book I said I would: Paths to Happiness: 50 Ways to Add Joy to Your Life Every Day. I didn't learn a ton, I knew a bunch of the stuff would add happiness. I found a bill in my mailbox on the way to work. I don't remember anything of note happening at work. We were slower than normal, I'm not sure if it was because of the cold, or the holidays or what, but I got a lot done.
Friday, I didn't go outside until I had to work that night. I read another book, Quiet Power: The Secret Strengths of Introverts. That was kinda interesting. I had to work the game that night, and it was cold. I had my scarf, hat and gloves on, and I had to keep switching hands because my fingers were getting so cold. I got a hot dog on my way out and a co-worker gave me a ride home. I love it when people are nice. My mom always makes it seem like a big chore to help me out with anything and then brings it back later on. My co-worker gave me a ride to Fareway and then waited while I bought my milk and gave me a ride home.
Saturday, I had to open at the library, it was slow again. Sadly, standing in front of the door is cold, not as cold as working the games, but still chilly. I had a couple errands to run on my way home and ran into my mom. She did give me a ride to my errands and home. She said I looked really cold, even though I didn't really feel it, but I won't say no when the temperature is - and feels even colder with the windchill. I started a pretty thick book that I didn't finish until Sunday. I basically spent the rest of the day reading that book.
Sunday, I finished the book, Curators: Behind the Scenes of Natural History Museums. It was 348 pages, it was also bigger than a regular book. It turned out to be my last book read of 2017. I read 61 bigger books, and 44 small books (what I don't consider in depth reading, more kids easy books). One of my goals for this year is to read more. I found that when the world annoys me and gets to me it really helps my mood to just disappear into a book.
As I'm getting ready for work, the zipper on my coat breaks. A couple of the little teeth broke off and the actually moving zipper foot popped off. I was freaking out, because I was supposed to be at work very soon and I didn't have a coat. I borrowed my roommate's and wore two coats to work. I also found out that our catalog and email were down and texted my boss about it, so we got the catalog up so a lot of people wouldn't freak out at home and call us about it. Work was slow, again, which was fine for me, Sundays are usually wicked busy. I didn't realize how much I use the email at my work. I got a ride home and did laundry all night. My mom said she has a coat I can borrow for the week, because it's still gonna be wicked cold for the week. It was an exciting New Year's Eve. I bought a replacement coat online which should get here sometime next week. I finally gave in and went to bed about 11 when my laundry was done.
This morning I 'fixed' my coat, sorta. I got the zipper pull back on the zipper and I can zip up and down the zipper if I'm not in a hurry. It works and will be a nice backup, but I think if I'm in a hurry it won't work and get locked up. I'll still borrow my mom's coat because I have to rush off to catch a bus home a few days.
Another thing I want to do this year, is spend less on crafting stuff, which was really hard this morning, when Peachy Cheap said their deal was a mini grab bag. I did go to the web site, but as I'm sitting there staring at it, I decided not to hit the check out button. I seem to like the larger grab bags, but I've not really used any of the stuff I got in the Black Friday bag, so why buy more I might not use? Even though that's the whole reason I signed up for Peachy Cheap. I seem to buy a lot of stuff and never use it, so I'm *trying* to not buy so much crafting stuff.
I don't usually make a lot of New Year's resolutions because I'm so good at not following through. I hope I can follow these, though.

No comments: