Wednesday, January 31, 2018

A dancing elephant

I promised myself I wouldn't spend any more money on stuff I didn't need this week, but I had a hat to return to Kohl's and my bus pass expired today, so I went to Kohl's and TJ Maxx.
I'm impressed with Kohl's return policy, I didn't have a receipt and it was after 30 days, though the customer service lady told me, their computer keeps the ISBN's for at least 4 years. I wasn't impressed with their pricing for something. I got store credit for about $13, so I wanted to spend about that, or a little less. I was looking at their Valentine's display, and trying to figure out which bag of chocolates I wanted to purchase, there weren't price tags on them, only a listing on their electronic screen. So, I picked up one that was more than I thought. I still ended up getting a bag of chocolates, but still, the checkout lady looked at me like I was stupid.
 They had their Christmas ornaments at 70% off, which is another reason I'm not a fan of them. They still had Christmas stuff and none of it was more than 75% off, apparently they're not really wanting to get rid of it.
The elephant has a little sign that says "baby's first Christmas", I pulled it out of it's hand. There was another sea angel that had a crab, but she only had one wing.
I had to walk by TJ Maxx to get back to the bus stop, so I went in there as well. They had a ton of stuff on clearance from the holiday season, unfortunately it was mostly all food, I was hoping for more physical stuff:
 So far, I've tried all the things in the top row and the first item on the second row. The first ones are kinda like tiny rice cakes with a white chocolate drizzle, they're pretty good. The second ones seem to be like crackers with sugar on top, also good. The third ones are basically just chips, I'll be taking those to work tomorrow. The cookie brittle is wicked good, it's very rich like it says.
Chocolate, cards, socks, magnetic bookmarks.
Again, food, the fruit medley was the only thing I picked up for full price, it was $4.99, I probably shouldn't have gotten it. Nothing else was priced over $2. The cards have a cactus that has embroidery around it, they had another pack missing envelopes, which doesn't really matter because I have envelopes. My plan is to put a different sentiment over the 'looking sharp'. The socks were 30 cents, I figured even if they didn't fit, it was only 30 cents. I'm having a hard time passing up cheap magnetic bookmarks, these are fast food ones. I picked up fast food stickers last time, I plan to make paper clips with them. I'm thinking I need to do a food pocket letter or art piece.
I have to go to Dollar Tree on Friday, and I think that will be my last shopping trip for awhile, I spent over $200 on stuff I didn't need this month (maybe I can blame it on Hobby Lobby's sale), so I really need to cut back. I feel like I keep saying that and don't do anything about it.

No comments: