Saturday, December 02, 2017

Weekly update

Sunday: I woke up feeling crappy. I had a horrible headache, I felt like I was going to throw up and light and sound made it all worse. There were a few times I went and sat by the toilet. Sometimes when I feel crappy like this, I feel like I'm gonna throw up, but when I eat something I feel much better, but it's only sometimes, so I can't ever tell.
I spent most of my day on the couch reading, because I can't just sit still with the lights off and no sounds. I did go back to bed after getting up and slept until about noon. I finished a couple books and got 90% through another one. And for some reason I stayed up until about 2AM, I think it was because of the extra nap in the morning.
Monday: I finished some paper clips:
 And worked on some pocket letters.
Tuesday: I got my Hollar box in the mail:
 Stickers, pumpkin, stocking stuffer mystery bag, mini cakes, cupcake.
I finished some snowman felt ornaments:
 and a pocket letter:
 and gingerbread felt ornaments:
Wednesday: Normal day of work, post office and grocery shopping. I'm rather frustrated with people and things in the world, so I ordered $24 of stuff for me from Hollar. I wonder if I could bribe someone to wrap everything for me. I spent the rest of the day watching ER.
Thursday: Spent way too much time on the computer until the internet had a glitch and I had to read my book. If I didn't go right to my computer in the morning, I wouldn't waste so much time. December 1st I'm supposed to start opening my Advent calendar, an Advent calendar pocket letter and a Countdown to Christmas envelope swap (which is basically an Advent calendar), but I'm still waiting on the envelopes to get here. The deadline to mail was 11/18, my partner mailed last Saturday, 11/25 telling me it was because of the holiday traffic, which I find difficult to believe since it was supposed to be mailed before Thanksgiving. It's coming from Texas, which I know takes a bit more time, but USPS hasn't updated the status on it since 9:42 AM on 11/28, so I'm worried and annoyed. I'm tired of being the bigger person in swaps lately when people mail late and then give me excuses as to why they couldn't mail on time. I'm also supposed to have a December calendar tag swap that was supposed to be mailed on 11/16, and my partner just mailed on Monday, I believe this one should have been here before December 1st, too.
I did get another swap in the mail, I was flaked on in one of my facebook groups, so someone nicely stepped in to make it for me. It's called a Look what I made swap, basically we took something from Dollar Tree, and altered it:
I love it, and after realizing I didn't miss a swap (cause I didn't recognize the name on the envelope), it made my day. It's a shaker and I love shakers.
Friday: Again, wasted time watching TV and youtube. I messaged my partner about my swap package not moving, and she replies back that mail took longer this time last year too. Again, I wanted to reply back AND YOU STILL MAILED LATE? I feel my swaps are making me more stressed, which is why I'm cutting back. Went to my mom's retirement party, it was OK, I didn't know anyone there except my parents and a few other people. Bought some home tour tickets for Sunday on my way home and finished a book.
I also got my December tag swap in the mail
Saturday: Spent my morning watching YouTube. Spent my afternoon packaging post it note swaps, and finishing a file folder pocket letter:
And then being annoyed that I didn't have any mail, and that my package is still stuck who knows where. I remember once wondering if it was better to know where a package was, or not know. I've decided I like knowing. I think they may have changed the site so it doesn't tell you where it gets scanned, but I don't know.
I'm also waiting on a bunch of other packages, that I'm not happy haven't come yet.

No comments: