Friday, December 08, 2017

Pants are expensive

Decided to go shopping today, might have been a bad idea.
Here's my advent calendar stuff:
 The pegusus unicorn is from mine, it's from Target. The measuring tape from the pocket letter and the gems from the envelopes.
I have been wanting to go up to our mall and TJ Maxx for awhile, so since I have today off, I went. I stopped at Walmart, hoping they'd have some duct tape in their clearance section, they didn't.
 tape, candy bar, shampoo, stickers. I try to pick up a pack of double sided tape every time I go to Walmart. I love that these Oreo bars come in mint (I tossed it in my refrigerator, to save for later). You can't go wrong with $1 for this giant container of shampoo, it's a much better deal than Dollar Tree. I picked up these cute stickers last time I went to Walmart and had to pick them up again, they were 47 cents.
Next up was JCPenney, I need some new jeans for my job, I looked at Walmart, but they were either not in my size or mid rise, I'm not a fan of mid rise pants.
 My grand total was $75, my friend just informed me that's low for pants. Apparently I should have asked for pants for Christmas. The khakis are mid rise, but I need these (since the last pair my mom got me for Christmas two years ago were too long, she said she'd hem them, but hasn't done it yet). I'm not happy with the amount I spent. I was also going to look in to shoes/boots for one of my other jobs, but after this purchase, I didn't.
Next up was TJ Maxx, last time I went, I didn't find anything. I also remember last time about this year, there was a bunch of washi sets.
 Not so much this time. There were a lot of cool Christmas tags and bags, but I don't need those (not that I need most of these either). The chocolate rice crispie bar was $3 on clearance, the fast food stickers were also on clearance for $1. I picked up the chocolates and the note pad for friends. I thought the elephant magnetic bookmarks were a good deal at $2 for 4. I got distracted by the birthday cake flavored rice crispie treat bar and the panda snacks. I think the panda snacks are a great deal, it's got 10 packs in it, for $3.99. Normally, I can get one pack in the Target dollar spot for $1. I spent about $22 there.
Last up was Claire's. I always see people getting cute things there and I want to get cute things there, too, but can never convince myself to do it.
This time the deal was: buy three, get three free. The blind bag was not included. Everything is for me. I thought I'd pick up some cute earrings, I got a pack of ice cream treats for $11, the unicorn dangly earrings were $7, as were the stud unicorn/mermaid studs. Those were my 3 for full price, the blind bag was $5. The three I got for free were the Paris washi ($6), the owl keychain ($6) and the fluffy lip balm keychain ($6). The reason I never convince myself to buy the deals there, is because the total was $32. That's a lot of money to use on things I don't need. I put it all in my advent calendar, so you'll see them again.
As I've said before it seems my advent calendar is the most exciting of things I'm getting, so why not make it more exciting.
I came home, ate lunch, watched YouTube and packaged up some stuff.
I also got a Christmas paper clip swap in the mail:

No comments: