Thursday, December 21, 2017

Lunch with a friend

Today's Advent calendar:
The tree clothespin is from the pocket letter, the tree mix from the envelope countdown and the minion from mine. I really like that packet of wooden trees, it also has some plastic pieces that look like peppermints
Here's what was in the minion blind bag:
 Apparently it was a Halloween one.
I went to lunch and shopping with a friend today, and I spent way too much money. We had tacos for lunch.
First stop was Micheal's:
 mini notebooks ($1.99), pink 12x12 paper ($0.69), two big blue pom poms ($0.89 each), dinosaur sticker book ($1).
When I showed my explosion box to one of my co workers yesterday, she asked if I would sell her one for her niece, who likes pink. So, I had to get some pink 12x12 cardstock. I have maybe three sheets of 12x12 cardstock.
 two packages of mini matchboxes ($2 each), a set of vintage decorated clothespins ($2), flower washi ($1.99), thin pink washi ($1.99), a waffle squishie keychain ($1), vintage calendar ($0.80), wooden under the sea shapes ($0.29), a bunch of pastel trims ($2), and some sequin trim ($0.49). Mostly everything was on sale, the matchboxes, clothespins, paper, keychain and sticker book were regular price.
Across the street is a Tuesday Morning:
 I found this stack of 100 sheets of colored 12x12 cardstock for $7.99, there was a smaller pack (probably of better quality) for $9.99, this will work fine for my purposes. The small pack of 6x6 paper is called tealightful, it was $2.99, it has 36 papers with 24 designs. The misc me! journaling card kit was $5.99, it has 240 cards: 60 8x6, 60 4x6 and 120 3x4 cards. I love the designs.
 Robot stickers ($1.49), lace collage pack ($2.39), puffy pony stickers ($0.79), mini sticky notes ($.99), glue sticks ($0.99), gymnastics stickers ($0.29), jeweled flower stickers ($0.99), and acetate under the sea pieces ($0.29).
two packages mini croissants ($1.03 each), mini cookies ($2.39), European cookie collection ($2.39), raspberry marshmallow cookies ($2.39), and a chocolate cone ($0.71).
My friend suggested Pier 1 imports because they usually have some good stuff on clearance at this time of year. They already had Valentine's stuff out:
 I found this cute hedgehog.
 A cool hedgehog towel, I was tempted to buy it for $5.
 A cute mug, I love mugs, unfortunately, I only use one or two if I'm lazy and don't wish to wash the other one. I kinda wish I could have a shelf full of cups, maybe some day when I have my own place.
 Also, saw this cute card.
 I bought a spider necklace and some owls. The spider necklace was from Halloween and was 90% off. All their ornaments were 50% off, but these rang up less, I'm not complaining.
We still had a little time before I had to be back for work, so we went to Dollar Tree:
 bagel thins, candles, legal pads, toys, shipping labels. After buying all that food at Tuesday morning, I didn't want to buy too much more, but I was intrigued. I got the candles to put under a Christmas tree. The legal pads are for a future swap. I can't help tiny toys. I misplaced my shipping labels the other day, now that I bought more, I'll probably find them.
 stickers and washi. I found those new 'metal' stickers, I picked up the hearts, stars and royal looking ones. I wanted the ones with less color. I found these cool color your own stickers. I found the minion and Tsum Tsum washi, and some puffy princess stickers as well as these cool flower stickers.
 These were in the blind box above.
When I got to work today, I found a few gifts.
 A Supernatural Impala, sucker, keychain, chocolate and a Burt's Bees ornament. I may have already eaten the other food.
Here's her card:
 We're both dragon fans.
As I was taking pictures and sorting stuff out when I got home, I found this beautiful moth pin.
 The person that asked me to make the explosion card gave me this card:
 She told me it looked like a card I would like, she was right.
 One of my supervisors gave me Christmas potpourri.
I also found this pen and notebook set in my mailbox.
Work was a normal Thursday, slow.
I spent way too much money on myself. So much for not spending extra money, and I'm planning to go after Christmas shopping next week. But, considering there's not a ton that I wanted before Christmas that I didn't buy, maybe (hopefully) I'll just get some good deals on stuff for next year. I do, want to buy stuff for my Advent Calendar next year, nowish, because I knew what everything was in it this year, I hadn't really forgotten by the time I opened it.
I didn't get any mail Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday I got a pocket letter, today I got a bill. I'm hoping I can get something interesting tomorrow, but not holding my breath.

No comments: