Monday, December 04, 2017

It's Altrusa home tour time

Sunday: My mom and I went on the Altrusa home tour today. Last year we didn't go, so I didn't think we would this year, until I saw that the developer who turned Roosevelt school into condos had his house on there, which is also an old school. So, we went, the thing I kept thinking as we went through people's houses, was it's all so big. Also, the houses on this tour are of people who have quite a bit of money, but I already knew that from tours past. The house I really wanted to see (the old school) is about the size of the Roosevelt, so two floors of and it's huge. I was thinking how could one family live in this place, they have a ballroom with a stage, a HUGE garage, a hot tub room, three or four bedrooms, a ton of other rooms, plus the guy runs his business out of it. I love seeing old schools repurposed, but way too big. As were the other houses, I'm liking living in smaller dwellings, I've been thinking for awhile, all I need is a two bedroom home with a basement and a laundry room. I figure the more space you have, the more stuff you need to fill it. Anywho, it was pretty fun, there was one house that had a bunch of ginkgo leaf motif throughout, one that had at least 5 TVs in the house (and we didn't even get to see the 2nd floor), and too others, but other than being big, I don't remember much about them. I asked my mom to take me to Dollar Tree on the way home (it was actually out of our way by the time we were done) and I learned never to go on a Sunday night. I needed conditioner, and took a quick run of the store:
 Picked up some candy.
I've been on the hunt for these angel wings for awhile, and was excited when I found them, I really wanted the rose gold ones, but didn't know if I'd find them, so I picked these up. I know I have labels somewhere, but I couldn't find them. I picked up the ribbon for a RAK (random act of kindness).
I also saw these while we were out and about:
That is Chocolate Peanut butter twinkies. They sounded disgusting to me, they're peanut butter in the center with a chocolate cake.
This might be one of the few days that would be worth writing about in a December Daily. I never do one, because I don't do anything worth putting into one. One of the ladies I watch on Youtube said there were prompts for a December Daily, but I like the idea of it being a mini scrapbook for the month of December, I just don't do anything noteworthy, and I don't journal.
Monday:

No comments: