Saturday, December 09, 2017

I got the shoes

On one of the youtube videos I watched yesterday, they said Target was having a buy one, get one 50% off on their shoes, so I went to Target today.
But, first, here's my Advent calendar:
 The striped paper clips from the envelope countdown, the Santa chocolate and other paper clips from the pocket letter and the donut keychain and earrings from mine.
Here's a close-up of the earrings:
 I was thinking at the end of the day yesterday, I wished I hadn't put everything fun in my Advent calendar. I put them in my ears right away. Part of the reason for buying all those cute earrings yesterday was because I don't really have a lot of whimsical earrings other than owls. I think I'll wear these for awhile.
So, like I said, I needed shoes and when I heard Target was having their sale, I knew I needed to go today. I really didn't want to because I had to work at 1, so I got up and left a little before 9.
My first stop was Dollar Tree, because I put all my cards together for co-workers and while everyone got a card, I wanted some more in case I missed someone.
 toys, cards, shadow box. I bought the toys just cause they were cute and a buck. I saw the shadow box in someone's video haul and wanted it, I didn't even mean to walk down the aisle I found it in. Why is it so hard to find holiday cards for cheap? I got this pack because it seemed to have the least amount of Christmas cards. Of course the ones I used this year were from a garage sale. I guess I'll just keep an eye out for more at garage sales this year.
Next up was Target:
My shoes for one of my jobs are not making it through a 4-hour shift anymore. Wednesday night, I was waiting close to the end of my shift and my feet were just throbbing. Now these do have a small heel on them, but they were comfortable and have a tiny lining in them. I would have just bought two of them if they had two in my size. Lately I've been buying combat style boots from Walmart, I compared them when I got home, the brown ones and my black ones look almost exactly alike, except the color, and that the Walmart ones were $20, and the Target ones were $30. I have three pairs of the black ones at home, I thought I'd just wear the brown ones to the library, and change into the flats I have at work on some days. I think I'll try them out with my new khakis tomorrow.
I also need some more duct tape and almost went to Walmart to see if they had any in their clearance aisle, but I knew if I did I'd walk out with more than duct tape, and I just didn't want to walk down there, plus I had a little time crunch. We have two Walmarts here, the one I went to yesterday is north, this shopping trip would have been to the south one.
Work was ok, except for people and things. I took a bath tonight, I'm not a fan of baths, I don't like sitting there and doing nothing. But, my skin gets really dry in the winter and I've used two of those bath bombs from Dollar Tree and have another two from other things, plus some bubble bath. I'm hoping soaking in the water with the bath bombs helps to moisturize my skin. I'm also hoping drinking at least two 16.9 bottles of water a day helps, too.

No comments: