Saturday, November 04, 2017

Weekly update

I feel it's going to be depressing.
Sunday: Did 4 loads of laundry, watched scary movies, found out I had a cavity and finished a flip book:
 Monday: I found out my health insurance premium is going up $200, so spent the day depressed and watched movies.
Tuesday: got my cavity filled and watched movies. Here's my Halloween set-up:
That sad pumpkin I made last week, a tiny velvet pumpkin from a local store, a ceramic pumpkin from Dollar Tree, and a foam jack-o-lantern from Hollar. The skeleton bird is from Dollar Tree. The zombie is from Hollar. I just realized there is a Halloween snowglobe elsewhere in my living room from Dollar Tree as well.
I don't really decorate for Halloween, I actually am not a big fan of Halloween, I've amassed more Halloween crafty stuff for swaps, but I don't really like it, still. I just love getting other people's creativity (I actually like getting anything handmade all year long). When I was a kid, there was cool Halloween candy, I feel it's just all the same now, nothing interesting. I didn't have to work on Tuesday, I only put on a Halloween shirt because I went out.
Wednesday: I opened at the library and did my regular errands of the post office and grocery shopping. I cut myself off cold turkey with pop. It's money I don't need to be spending and maybe it will cut down my belly fat.
I started my healthcare application before work, which totally stressed me out at work. I went after Halloween shopping on the way home, I found bought some Christmas presents:
The reindeer are for my brother, the Iowa ornament for my mother, the nutcracker for a swap, the pretzels for me and the chocolates for stocking stuffers.
I took a bunch of pictures of stuff I'd like for Christmas, as I was uploading them, I thought it would be stupid to ask for them because I have way too much stuff. I don't have room for much more. I was even thinking of not getting all my Christmas stuff out this year because it's so much work, so why ask for more?
I got home and finished my healthcare application and it turned out less painful than I expected, I'm a little on edge because it took so long last year. I just expect everything to be so hard
Thursday: I went shopping. My friend's birthday is next week, so I was hoping to find some hedgehogs, also hoping to find some good Halloween candy.
I started at Hobby Lobby hoping there would be some hedgehogs in their fall section. When I got there it said fall/Halloween was 50% off, I didn't find anything I wanted. I also noticed that Christmas was at 50% off as well, but I was only there to look at fall. I walked out without buying anything.
My next stop was JoAnn's, every year I buy those knit gloves for $1 and every year I somehow manage to misplace them. I picked up a couple more pairs this year:
 I spent a grand total of $2.14.
Next stop was the Dollar Tree, I needed a few things for a swap.
 I found manila folders, some envelopes, those are both for swaps. I picked up the snowflakes for winter wands, and the anti-itch for me.
 The gummies turned out to be 50 cents, I saw people hauling these cookies and food is my ok splurge, especially when it's $1. I picked up the almond roca for Christmas. I spent $9.89.
I went to Walmart to get tape, I found this wicked cute owl mug for about $5.
 I stuck to my tape, picked up the Oreo bars because I love these and I haven't been seeing them in my local grocery store, the Hershey's are for a swap and I got the fruit medley because I haven't had it in a long time.
 Grand total spent: $22.04.
I stopped in at a local thrift store just to see if they had any hedgehogs.
I didn't find those, but I found a bag full of flowers for a swap, and this creature. I admit, when I'm feeling depressed, I really want to buy stuffed animals, must be why I have so many in my apartment, I only bought him because he was $1, I've decided I can buy stuff for myself if it's $1 or under, or food (though I will be paying attention to how much), I will not however be stopping at the Asian food stores or getting food subscription boxes for awhile. My grand total here was $1.50.
My last stop was the grocery store, I needed milk and I picked up some Smirnoff screwdrivers. I don't drink much alcohol, so this six-pack will last probably about six months.
Friday: I didn't do much, but I did get a private swap in the mail:
 I love the Olaf button and the 'Do you wanna build a snowman' middle pocket. This picture was taken at work, because when I work in the afternoons, I collect my mail on the way in to work.
We had an interesting day at work, it's book sale weekend, plus our Automatic Handling System went down and we thought it might not go up before we closed, not a good way to start the weekend. Thankfully, our tech guy performed a miracle and got it running about 45 minutes before we closed. I did enjoy checking things in by hand, I kinda miss that, because I don't really see the books anymore, I used to check out so many more books when we checked in by hand. I stopped by the grocery store for cereal on the way home and was pretty tired, so went to bed about 9PM.
Saturday: Me and my mom were visiting two of the church fairs about 9AM. I'm actually a bit disappointed in them this year. They usually all (3 of them) do it the weekend closest to October 15th. I was all ready for them at that time this year, and they all changed their day they were doing it. The one that's furthest away from me apparently had theirs on October 21st, which I didn't know. One of my co-workers goes to that church and told me it was October 20-something, but never gave me an exact date, I never saw any ads or signs for it anywhere, I found out it was on the 21st because I went to work that afternoon and my co-worker was working that morning and asked if I went, I'm kinda bummed about it. Another co-worker told me about one of the churches was having theirs this weekend, which was fine, I was just ready for it in November.
Here's what I picked up:
 I also picked up a couple teapots for my boss, they were $7. I spent a grand total of $11 on food between the two sales. I also picked up that tiny little Santa pin for my mother for $0.25. I realized after I got home, the only things I got for me was the food, because I'm practicing not buying stuff I don't need, it's kinda depressing. Not that I need more food things either, but I love hand made goodies.
I relaxed in front of the TV and some ER for awhile, and went off to finish some swaps.
A yellow flip book:
 A 'pocketful' of sunshine, or yellow products to make your partner happy:
 I got a few more swaps in the mail,
A flip book:
 and a fantasyland flip book:
I am now trying to catch up on YouTube, I'm not sure it will happen.

No comments: