Sunday, October 22, 2017

Weekly Update

New week. Sunday: I didn't do anything productive. Actually I did finish a book, first book I finished in a month. And it's not because I've been busy, it's cause I'm spending too much time watching movies and YouTube. Anyway, it was called One Second After by William Forstchen. It's about what happens after and EMF weapon is set off over the United States, basically it shut down everything that runs on computers, so everything. It follows a retired military man and how he and his town react to it. It covers about a year after. It reminded me a lot of the movie Red Dawn, so I totally requested it from the library upon finishing the book. I know there's a sequel, I think it's called One Month, or One Year After, something like that, but I thought it ended well and am not interested in reading another.
Monday: I ran out of legal size envelopes on Sunday, so knew I'd be heading down to Dollar Tree to pick up a few more. Of course, they didn't have them and I should have walked right out, but I had to check out the sticker aisle (bad idea):
 I found my envelopes at Walmart:
 and lunch at Burger King. I was very uninterested in shopping today, but I needed a Cherry Coke (because it's Monday), Dollar Tree didn't have that either. I walk everywhere, so when I go shopping, I take one reusable bag and put everything in that. I went to Dollar Tree and then Walmart. When I got to the checkout at Walmart, I asked the cashier to add to my bag, she takes it from me, takes out my hoodie, asks me if it's mine and then proceeds to take out my Dollar Tree stickers. I told her they were all from Dollar Tree and paid for. She says, I thought you wanted me to ring them up. It was very annoying, I realize she didn't know what the things in the bag were, but why would I give you a bag of stuff to ring up as well as the stuff in my basket?
I also got some cool packages in the mail.
Halloween pocket letter:
 destash swap:
 stamped book page:
My partner didn't realize she was supposed to make a card with the stamped book page, so I'm making a quick easy card with it.
Tuesday: I have been sleeping in lately and not getting up until at least 10, and then I do all my online/computer stuff and don't get started on stuff until at least lunch time. Tuesday is my day to get my swaps finished up and packaged to be mailed out on Wednesday. I finished my Esther Luka Family fall swap:
And an owl pocket letter:
 I also created a journal page with my September box from Lollipop box club:
 Wednesday: just my normal day. I don't have pictures, so it wasn't exciting.
Thursday: I finished a swap,
The Look What I did swap:
 I altered a notebook, and went to work that night.
Friday: there was a church rummage sale that I wanted to go to. I went to Goodwill first and found this guy:
 It's a frog cookie jar, I really wanted it, but not for $9.99.
Here's what I picked up at the church sale:
 a bunch of lace, I believe I picked up three ziploc bags for $0.25 each, plus a bag of fabric pieces for $0.25, and the owl was $2.25, which was a bit high, but I really wanted it.
 a package of wrapping paper for $0.75 (I wanted to start wrapping Christmas presents, but I didn't have any wrapping paper), the owl art kit was $1 (I can't pass up owls), the sparkly foam trees were $0.25 (those are for a swap), the old maid cards were $0.25 (I thought they'd be cute for ephemera), a bag of appliques for $0.25 (I really just bought them for the flower), a bag of 3 metal animals for $0.75 (there was an owl in it), a unicorn necklace for $.50 (I have a fantasy land swap to make), and a bunch of red, white and blue flowers for $0.25, (they were cute).
I also found a bunch of teapots for my boss, these are from both Goodwill and the rummage sale:
All the tiny tea sets were from Goodwill. I got so excited when I saw them (they were $1.99 each), sadly when i got home and was unpacking them, they're not all there, so I'm pretty bummed I didn't look more closely at the store. The santa teapot is also from Goodwill (again $1.99). The rest are from the church sale. The pine cone one was $1.50. I had to pick up the cat in the chair one, we're getting quite a collection of cat teapots ($1.50), also loved the flowered one for $2, the tiny tomato one was $0.25, I think I'm keeping it for myself, I'm not quite sure.
And the clothes I got at goodwill:
 These two do not fit. I know I should try things on there, but I hate trying items on at the store, especially if they're less than $5, I have a few shirts that I keep doing that with. In the future, I need to try things on. The floral shirt actually says it's a small, so I don't know why I even picked it up. The black dress, I thought for sure it'd fit, it's a 14, and buttons up the whole front, sadly my hips are too fat for it, you can see the stretching at the hips and right at my crotch, I really wanted it to fit, it's so cute.
These are my keepers:
The teal shirt has a little keyhole and some detail stitching at the top. The blue one is nice and long with an interesting detail in the middle. The pink is a dress, this one is really cute, it says it's a medium, but it's a knit fabric, so I knew it would fit. The other teal one has a slouchy neckline, very cute. I really wanted just a cute dress I could throw on with some leggings for fall, I found one.
Saturday: I didn't do anything much before work, worked a little bit more on a flipbook for a swap. I got something really cool in the mail though:
It's an iphone 4S case that looks like a cassette. My co-workers said I should write Mix tape on it, I think I should write the awesome mix of the 80's (or whatever the Guardians of the Galaxy one says). My dad called me saying they were getting worried cause they hadn't heard from me lately, so after finding another missed call and voicemail from him this morning, I called him back, turns out he wanted to give me his old iphone because he got a new one. I don't want it, and then he tells me that the 4 isn't going to be supported, I researched online, it will still work, and I got this cool new case. No thanks, and then he got mad at me when I told him I didn't want it.
My boss told me I needed to take vacation, cause I'm at my max and not earning more, so I have a bunch of days coming up, and I thought this morning, I need a vacation from my parents, but I guess if you don't talk to them in a few weeks they get worried, but not really.

No comments: