Saturday, October 07, 2017

Weekly update

I totally meant to post my Dollar Tree haul the other day, but it is now Saturday, so I guess I'll just do a weekly update. The bad thing about when I do this at the end of the week, is I have no idea what I did all week unless it was something big (I don't do much other than my art stuff and go to work.
Sunday: I have pictures of art stuff, so I guess I did that.
A fall banner:
 A pink card:
 An ice cream pocket letter:
 Monday: Also, no idea. I know I spent a lot of time lounging on the couch and watching YouTube, I also read a lot of stuff online.
I got three large packages in the mail, this first one is a snack box from Freedom Japanese Market.com (more on that below):
 On one of my facebook groups, we did kind of a random swap, we put down a few things we wanted and someone would message us saying they had stuff to send us and we sent them something back. I said I wanted layered animal die cuts, I love die cuts, I don't have a die cutting machine, and I won't get one, so I love it when people send me die cuts and there are so many dies out there.
She put in a cute Halloween card, some owl stickers and some vintagey looking pieces:
 Here's how the die cuts were packaged:
 And here's one of each that were in that package:
 I LOVE that she found a guinea pig. I need to find some place to put him. I also love all the owls, you can't tell but she did a lot of the layering with foam tape. I also love the pigs. That big one at the top is actually 3D and stands up.
I also got a mermaid file folder pocket letter:
 Basically we decorated a file folder and a pocket letter and stuffed them with goodies, here's my post on the exchange.
She also had a destash bag in her package:
 It's not the greatest picture cause you can't really see everything in there, but there's a lot of cool stuff.
I also got a sticker swap:
 Back to that snack box. In their regular subscription boxes you get a cheat sheet that tells you what everything is and what it tastes like. This box didn't have that, I don't know if they don't do it on the bigger boxes, or just forgot, but there's not a lot of English on the packages, so it was all a surprise. Here's what was inside:
1. The chocolate bits on the top left looked like dog food to me, but was great and reminded me of cocoa pebbles. 2. This package had what looked like french fries, they were kinda bland. 3. I haven't tried this package yet, it's a DIY and I'm not a big fan of those. 4 and 5 These are umaibo, I think that's how you spell it, I don't know what the flavors were, but they were good. 6. These are the same, it reminded me of a banana moon pie, except it was the shape of a banana. It looked like it had a tiny bit of chocolate in the middle, but I couldn't really taste it. 7. I haven't tried this yet, it kind looks jelly-like.  8. This was pretty good. The picture looks like pound cake, it looked like a piece of pound cake but reminded me of freeze dried something with the taste, it was good. 9. This reminded me of cream puffs with chocolate filling, just not as sweet. 10. This is another DIY that I haven't tried but I think I've had it before, it was very sweet.
And more:
 1. This looked like a soda bottle, it was made out of ice cream cone like material (not the sugar cones), it had some kind of tart powder inside, it was weird but good. 2. This package had some spicy corn snacks, not a big fan of those. 3. This was like nerds in taste. 4. This was some kind of gooey syrupy thing, it was ok. 5. This was some kind of corn snacks, I've had other flavors of this before, it's good, this one was ok. 6. This package, when I looked at it closer, it looked like someone had opened it and then stapled it closed, I threw it away. 7. I haven't tried these yet, it does say they are sour peach gum. 8. This package was a little cylinder and it broke when I tried to open it, so I had to open it with pliers, inside they were tiny little candies that reminded me of sweet tarts in taste. 9. These were pretty good, they were waffle cone like cylinders with a lemon cream inside. 10. This is another DIY, I'll probably give all these DIY's away, like I said I don't like them. 11. This was filled with what looked like tic tacs but a bit bigger, there wasn't a ton of flavor in them. 12. These were interesting, it was like they were covered in strawberry flavoring, but I'm not sure what they were. 13. These are Hello Pandas, we have them at Target here, but I've never had them in strawberry flavor, I haven't tried them yet. 14. These say they are watermelon seed candy, and while they kinda looked like watermelon seeds they were just very sweet candies.
I had decided by the time this came, it was the last time I'm ordering from them. I think they are a good company, I have tried all their boxes, there's a small subscription, I believe you get about 15 snacks in it, there's a big family snack box, two of everything, so about 30 snacks, and this one which is like a random mix of leftovers from the other boxes. I love trying Asian snacks, but I think I should branch out and try some other kind of food snack box.
Tuesday: I actually opened the snack box on Tuesday, as I picked up my mail on Monday on my way in to work, I work 3-8 on Mondays and pretty much come home and get ready for bed.
I also made a few more swaps.
Halloween pocket letter:
 Mini Halloween pocket letter:
 I feel I did something else on Tuesday, but I don't have any pictures, and I can't remember anything, so if I did it was obviously not memorable.
I had posted on Facebook that my hair is getting very long, so I had to take a picture to prove it:
 It's the longest it's ever been, but no one ever sees it because I always just put it in a braid, also why it's a little crimped.
Wednesday: Opened at the library and did my chores of mailing swaps and grocery shopping.
Thursday: I went to the Dollar Tree, on my way there, I saw this gorgeous truck:
 I actually stopped at the Salvation Army and picked up a Care Bear for 99 cents. I like collecting those.
I also went to JoAnn's, but talked myself out of everything. I found this cute owl in the entryway while I was waiting for the rain to die down a bit:
 And here's my Dollar Tree finds.
One of my reasons was to get food:
 Lots of gummies, pretzels, snack mix and a pound cake. Last time I was there, this pound cake looked so good, sadly when I opened it, it was too dry, so I took it to work and it got eaten quickly.
Other stuff:
Box, notebook, stickers, socks, Christmas ornament, keychain, shipping labels, coin purse. I always watch people's hauls on youtube and a lot of them say they go to their stores every week because new stuff comes in all the time. I understand that now. I feel there's more and more Halloween stuff every time I go in there. I want to go in get my Halloween stuff and not have them bring in more. I'm done with Halloween crafts right now, so I won't have an issue. Anywho, long explanation.
I picked up the box just cause it was cute, I know someone will have a birthday and I'm hoping to use the box, of course now that I type that I realize I have two other boxes I picked up for that reason that I still have. The composition book is for a swap, we're to get something at the dollar tree and decorate it. I've seen people haul these word stickers, so I picked up two packs. I picked up a pair of knee high socks with cupcakes and shorter socks with what I think are cactus and avocado, weird combination. I liked the butterfly stickers. I picked up the snowflake ornament for a Christmas gift. The owl keychain is actually a pair of fingernail clippers, it also matches a keychain I picked up another time. I tried to take out the clippers cause I'm not gonna use them, bad choice, they do not come out. I picked up a package of these shipping labels last time and promptly lost it. The gemstones are star shaped. And I had to pick up the coin purse, it's one of those sequin ones where they are one color one way and if you flip them up they are another color. The colors of the university here in town are cardinal and gold.
I also got a loaded bag in the mail:
 I told my partner any theme except religious and planner stuff. The bat and pics were shedding their glitter like crazy, I'll be more specific next time.
Work was pretty busy for a Thursday, we're usually kinda slow.
Friday:
I got up and went to a garage sale, I spent $8 on teapots for a friend but didn't get anything for myself. Fridays are always busy at the library.
Saturday: I was planning to get up and go to a garage sale and then walk up to the mall. I got up about 9:30 and just decided I didn't care about the garage sale, so I played on the computer all day. I got some interesting mail.
A card kit:
 we're supposed to create a card with the elements.
a Halloween pocket letter:
 And a flip book:
Also got something I tried to send back to the sender on Thursday. We get a lot of mail for people that used to live here and some that have either messed up their address or picked one to use on something, and some businesses who's address is still ours online. So, I'm used to getting mail that's not for us. Twice this week I got something that I wrote Not at this address and Return to sender on them, threw them in the mailbox and got them back again. They were both postmarked twice. I put the first one back in the mailbox on Thursday, originally got it Monday, put it back in the mailbox Monday night got it back on Thursday, if I get them back again, I'm throwing them away. The one today, I got on Thursday and put it back in the mailbox on Friday. It's getting annoying. I complained on Facebook and someone said how everything gets sorted by machine, which I get, but when you're putting it in someone's mailbox, I also feel you're reading the address. I might start crossing out the address. My friend also said, couldn't I just take it to the post office on Tuesday. I shouldn't have to, I shouldn't have to waste my time to give them something back I shouldn't have in the first place. A lot of the time it's junk mail, and I throw it away. The one earlier in the week was a claim check and this other one is a personal letter. We've gotten what looks to be personal checks for the two businesses, I just hold the envelope up to the light, I don't open anything. We've also gotten bills from Kohls for a certain person. I wish I could throw them all away, but some things I know I shouldn't.

No comments: