Saturday, September 02, 2017

Week of August 27th

Sunday: I was supposed to work, but my boss forgot to schedule me and they said they were pretty full, so I had the day off. I went to a local Reuse event, kinda like a big garage sale, but I didn't think they had garage sale prices, so I didn't buy anything. I was a slug for the rest of the day.
Monday: PeachyCheap's deal was a grabbag, so I bought it. I was at the bookstore at 8, my boss had me in a new position, it was interesting. I was at the library at 3, not very busy, but I was wicked tired.
I was given a card that someone sent to my old address at work. Inside was a sympathy card and some diecuts/images:
I love diecuts, and really do like the umbrella, teacup, sewing machine and bicycle.
I love these, they are so cute.
When I got home, I found an altered picture frame in my mail:
 Tuesday: I got to sleep in a bit, I didn't have to be at the bookstore until 10, I had decided to go to Goodwill on my way home before shopping online over the weekend, and wasn't going to go shopping, but needed the instant gratification, so I went anyway, I spent $11:
scrapbooking ideas, box, stationery set, coloring book, pin, ribbon, jewels. I got all excited for that box in the top right corner because it was only $1, I couldn't pass it up. I was really excited for the stationery set as well, sadly the sheet on top is an envelope and not stickers like I thought, but I can always fussy cut them out. The two ribbons are actually belt kits, but I thought I could just use them as ribbon. I picked up the pin because it looks like a cross between a robot and a zombie, it's from a loot crate. The jewels were the first thing I found. The scrapbooking ideas box was in with the cookware because it said recipe box, it's actually cards with scrapbooking layouts on them and the 'recipe' on how to make them. I don't need it and I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it was only $1.79
When I got home, I found a loaded halloween envelope:
 That night I went to Texas Roadhouse with one of my bookstore co-workers. I had mentioned I needed to go to Dollar Tree, so we went there on the way home.
 Halloween stickers, skeleton bird. I shouldn't have bought the boxes of Halloween stickers, I remember thinking that about a package of birthday ones I bought last year, they were smaller than I realized and will not work for what I had in mind. I might just have to get creative with them, there are 18 boxes in this bag. I had seen people hauling these skeleton creatures last year and really wanted one, I added some creepy googly eyes to him.
Notebook, planner, washi, glue sticks. I love the notebook (cause I totally need another one), I hadn't picked up a calendar for next year. I found a few of the new tapes, and even though I keep saying I'm not buying more I can't pass up anything with owls. I really liked the bird one as well. I'm gonna need some glue sticks soon.
 stickers. The Hello Kitty ones are for a friend, the bubble ones are called confetti stickers, and they remind me of shakers, I use the labels when I'm mailing packages.
 And the boring stuff. Conditioner, body wash, shampoo, flossers, hair ties, and sponges. These were the whole reason I went, I don't see the point of paying more than a $1 for these when I can just get them for $1. I picked up the flossers to encourage me to floss more, I don't know why I don't.
 Forgot about this guy. Everytime I'm stressed or bothered or need comfort, I buy a stuffed animal. I don't pay more than $5 for them, and most of the time not more than $1, so I feel it's ok.
I also got a Halloween pocket letter made
 and started a mermaid project. It was a nice day.
Wednesday: I was so happy about Tuesday, that when I got up and read a message from Facebook and it upset me, I was pretty stressed the whole time I was at work. I'm tired of working so much and am ready to get back to my regular schedule. I mailed a pocket letter and went grocery shopping. I finished my mermaid file folder pocket letter:
and relaxed the rest of the day.
Thursday: I was at the bookstore from 8-3 and the library from 4-9.
Friday: I slept in until about 7:30, I had to be at the bookstore at 10AM, left at 2 and went shopping. I was down to my last package of double stick tape and plowed through two rolls in the package. I get it at Walmart and I usually pick up a package of 4 everytime I go to Walmart, but I haven't been there since sometime in July. So I picked up two packages of tape and some file folders:
 That was about $15.
I also went to Target (because it's right next to Walmart and I saw someone's haul on Halloween stuff in Target). Halloween has hit the dollar spot but not the rest of the store, not Walmart either.
 Mini wooden pumpkins, socks, pens, glue, washi, Star Wars keychains, stickers
The little mini wooden pumpkins are painted copper and rang up as glitter. One of my coworkers at the bookstore said she needed to pick up her $1 socks from Target, usually I only see kids socks in the dollar spot, I was excited to see these. I love seeing people's hauls where they get these cute shaped pens, so when I saw these black cat pens, I totally picked them up. The glue was from the back to school section, it's just Elmer's glue, it was $1.49, I already have a penguin one, this is a hedgehog. The washi has notebooks and school supplies on it, the Scotch washi was marked down to $1.40, I had an ice cream one and a rainbow one in my basket as well, but I don't use my washi a ton, and I really liked this roll. There was a whole section of Star Wars things, and they had these blind bags of keychains for $1 each, I picked up 6. I got three chewbaccas, R2D2, a storm trooper and an Ewok. I gave the other two Chewy's and the Storm trooper away. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, I watched the middle (or first) three when I was a kid because my brother did, my favorite characters being R2D2, C3PO and the Ewoks, so I was really excited to get a few of those. I saw the stickers in two different people's youtube hauls. The set on the left is a planner set, but I really liked the two top sheets, it was $3. There are some wicked cute hedgehog stickers in the other book. That was $17, I used my birthday gift card and I still have quite a bit on it.
I stopped at dollar tree again, because I had a few necessities to pick up:
 brush, loofah, toothpaste, duct tape. Kinda weird there's a pink theme going on here. My brush head popped out the other day when I hit a messy spot in my hair. I read you need to change your loofah every month and I'm trying to do that. I'm also running a little low on duct tape, sadly there weren't any cool patterns, and I didn't find any on clearance at Walmart. Also, needed toothpaste.
Since there weren't any cool stickers on Tuesday, I checked out that aisle:
I realized when I got home that I was only charged for 3 sets of stickers. Oh well, I'm not going back to tell them. I picked up the Halloween ones, because I sent the other set I bought with a Halloween loaded bag.
I also saw these:
The arrows are pointing at an Iron Man and Captain America figurines, they had them labeled as paper weights, but I don't think they were heavy enough for that. I thought they were cool, but not my thing.
I stopped off at Burger King on my way home for an afternoon snack. I was planning to do some garage saleing this afternoon, but after getting home, I was too tired. I might go to a couple Saturday morning.
I also got some journaling cards in the mail:
 My partner on this swap flaked on me.
Saturday: Ended much better than it started. I was going to go to a close sale and found out it didn't start until 10, and then just watched YouTube all morning. I had to work at the library that afternoon and had a wicked headache and a few not nice customers.
When I got home, I had two packages waiting for me. I had ordered another grab bag from Peachy Cheap, this one costing $14.99, and guaranteeing over $60 worth of products.
 Stickers, journaling cards, stickers, stamps, stickers and paper pad.
Close up of journaling cards:
 Close up of sticker package:



Close up of paper pad:
More of the package:
 close up of wood pieces:
 Close up of journaling cards:
 Close up of journaling tags:
 Close up of number flags:
 Close up of chipboard frames:
more goodies:
 twine, ribbon, thin washi, flower washi, tree washi.
I also got a swap of destash in the mail:
 stickers, Halloween bags.
More goodies:
 paper clips, bling, felt trim, butterfly stickers, decorative tape, flower things, stamp
And a few more:
playing cards and ephemera.
Like I said, ended much better than it began.

No comments: