Tuesday, September 19, 2017

It's Tuesday? All day

It's Tuesday, I was hoping to get a gift card in the mail for Hobby Lobby yesterday and go shopping, but the mail's been weird lately. I'm waiting on a package from Ohio, that was supposed to be here yesterday, it didn't come, so I looked up the tracking. It's taking the scenic route. It got to Des Moines, which is about an hour away on Sunday, then left Des Moines and went to Texas, and then left Texas at 5:16 yesterday and that's where the tracking stops. I'm getting a little annoyed at the postal service, this is the 2nd time a package has taken the scenic route, the other one went to North Carolina after making it to Des Moines. Tracking does not mean they won't lose your package. I have one that got lost a few months ago, weirdly enough when I look up the tracking now it's for a totally different package. I wish my art swaps didn't cause me so much stress.
Anywho, a friend drove me to the UPS store to drop off my kindle fire. This is a fun story, too. My brother sent me a new Kindle fire last week, which is nice, except I don't even use the original he gave me and I wouldn't use this one. I do everything on my phone or my laptop, no need. So, I asked one of my facebook groups about a place to donate it, and I had at least 3 people say, give it to me. I don't know these people, I'm not just gonna give it away to someone. I decided to return it to Amazon, which is not that easy and pissed me off. They have you pay for tax and for the return shipping, so they took about $5 off the price, which wasn't very expensive (so at least he didn't spend a ton of money on me) and I had to get it to a UPS store. I thought I could just drop it off at the post office, which is way more convenient for me. I found I could put it in one of those UPS drop boxes except that the box is too big for them. The two UPS stores in my town are not that easy to get to. So, my friend drives me to one and since I was planning on going shopping today, I did. The whole reason I wanted to go shopping was to pick up some fall crafting stuff, but Target, Dollar Tree and Walmart didn't really have fall crafting stuff. Halloween did finally make it to Target and Walmart, though and I spent way too much money.
That was a really long introduction, my first stop was Dollar Tree, like I said I spent too much money, but there are some necessities in there as well.
 food, toothpaste, snack bags, sponges, gloves, bandaids antacids. I usually come away with more food from Dollar Tree, but they haven't had much exciting stuff in there lately. I needed toothpaste and snack bags and sponges (last time I picked up the three pack, but they were crappier sponges), and gloves (use these for cleaning), and antacids (I love the taste of these way better than the Target, Walmart and Tums, and if I have to take them, they might as well taste good). I always need bandaids, and the character ones are never going to be $1 at any other store, plus Transformers.
 loofahs, cards, bandaids, labels, squirty toys.
I read somewhere that you should replace your loofah every month, so I figured if I have to do that, why pay more than $1 for it. The last two regular ones I bought at the Dollar Tree fell apart rather quickly, the last one that I bought that was a character one like these actually held up, so I bought more. I can never have enough tiny note cards, again with the minion bandaids. I always need shipping labels. I love the squirty toys, I'll probably send them off in friend mail.
 pens, tape, monster, stamps, coin purse, ribbon.
I was on the hunt for gel pens and the Promarx are great, so I picked up two packs. I'm always needing duct tape, sadly not a very cool selection. I usually try to pick them up on clearance at Walmart, but I haven't found any lately. I love these monsters. I saw someone get the sweet treats stamp set and I loved it, I was excited to find it, the word bubbles and the self-inking banner stamp. The coin purse is one of those sequin ones where you push them one way and it's pink, the other way, it's silver, I love these. I thought I'd try out these other gel pens, because like I said I'm on the hunt for gel pens. I picked up the ribbon cause it looked cool.
 stickers. I did not get two packs of these cards, I just forgot I put them in the other picture. I'm loving these big stickers mostly for friend mail. I also loved the word bubble stickers. I don't have a picture, but I picked up a Trolls reusable bag because the one I took along was falling apart. It was a good thing I did, because I filled them both up by the time I was done.
Walmart:
 toilet cleaner, leggings, jeans, bras, tape, tags.
The toilet cleaner was a necessity, it's that time and apparently I was out of these, the box was $4.97. I need some new leggings, these are a sleeker design and lighter weight, thought I'd try them out, they were $3.78. I also need new jeans, I was excited when I found out I could wear shorts to my temporary job in August, because I didn't have any really nice jeans. I like the fit of these, except that they are midrise, but apparently high waisted bothers my stomach, they were $19.94. My black bra is sad, so I picked up this one for $4.98, I thought it looked a bit small, but it fits. I'm thinking I'm not actually the size I thought I was. The seafoam one did not fit, sadly, it's wicked cute, it's a bralette and it was way too hard to get into and out of, unfortunately it was on clearance, so looks like it's going in my Goodwill box, it was $4.50. I'm always in need of double stick tape, and this works pretty good for the price, this four pack is $5.84, I try to pick up a pack every time I go to Walmart. The kraft tags were on clearance for $1.50, as were the canvas tags. I wish they had more packs of canvas tags.
 pringles, gel pens, blind bag, Halloween stickers.
I always visit the clearance sections and this pack of Pringles was 75 cents, so I thought I'd try it out. The G2 pens were on clearance for $2, which is a great price for those. I was going to pick up another pack of the ones I got in August, until I found this big set for $9, it was originally $15, there is 30 scented gel pens in it. I don't care about the scented part, but 30 gel pens for $9, I'm not passing that up, there were quite a few packages there, but I didn't need more than one. The blind bag was 75 cents and I can't pass those up. I didn't find much on the crafting side for Halloween and nothing for fall. The foam stickers were 75 pieces for 98 cents. The next set I found in the card section, they were $2.98, which is a bit steep, but it's two sheets and they are shaker stickers. The gems were 98 cents. And apparently there's an Oreo bar in there as well, that was 78 cents. I spent about $70 at Walmart, but $45 of that was necessities, and I kinda consider my gel pens a necessity now, too.
Last up was Target, I thought this was funny:
 The sign says $3 and under, but that whole row of hangy things under the sign is priced at $5. When I go to Target, I hit the dollar spot and all the clearance sections, and then anywhere that I have a Cartwheel for and seasonal. I didn't find anything to buy in the dollar section, it looked like they hadn't added more since September 1st when I was there last.
 shirt, socks, tights, shorts.
I'm itching for some new clothes, this shirt was on clearance for $2.40, the only thing I don't like about it is that it's extremely see-through. The socks are pretty cute, the two pairs on the left have a glass with ice and a mint leaf, the two pairs next to them have a pineapple with heart shaped sparkly sunglasses. I've noticed I don't have a lot of shorter thinner socks and these were  90 cents each. It's not like anyone ever sees my socks anyway. I need new tights, these were on clearance for $7.70, I haven't tried them on yet, so I don't know if they fit. I also need some better shorts to wear under skirts, my legs stick together otherwise, I've read people use lotion, but I don't mind shorts. I used to wear biker shorts when I was a kid and then one time I bought some spanx like things on clearance and started using those and then bought some other ones that I think are meant more for my stomach area. The first pair I bought, personally I don't care about making my legs look thinner, I just don't like them sticking together when I walk, like I said the other pair was shorter, so they don't cover that area I need covered, these are great, they feel like shorts but are seamless, so look nicer, they were on clearance for $8.40
 chocolate, fruit snacks, pretzels.
I had a cartwheel for 10% off the M&M's, 20% off the endangered animals and 20% off the Lindt bars. The M&M's are the cookies and Screeem, which I saw on someone's youtube haul, they came out to $2.87, they're ok. The endangered animals bar came out to $2.39, I should have read the label better, I saw chocolate with hazelnuts, what I failed to notice was the 72% dark chocolate, that's a bit dark for me. The Lindt bars came out to $2.23, I picked up one of each that sounded good, orange, blueberry with acai, and caramel with sea salt. I've decided to put some of them and the endangered animal bar and the Russel Stover bark, the M&M's and the Hi-chew in friend's Halloween goody bags. The Russel Stover bark is Rocky Road, it was on clearance for $1.98, it's not that great. The Snyder's pretzels were 2 for $6, and I wanted something to leave at work so I got Honey Wheat and Ranch, I haven't tried them out yet. The Hi-Chew I haven't seen at Target before (of course I also didn't know they had an aisle with Asian snacks), so I picked up a couple packages, they were $1.74 each. Like I said, basically all the food here, I'm splitting up into friend's goody bags.
candle, tape, marshmallow pops, treat bags.
The candle looks like a cactus, and it was only $2.98, so I had to pick it up. The tape looks like a mummy peeking out, it was $3, which was probably too much. The marshmallow pops were $1.89 each, I picked up one for some friends. These treat bags were 50 cents each, I picked them up with no idea what I was going to do with them. When I got home, I thought I should make up goody bags for them, then I couldn't feel so bad spending so much money on all that chocolate. I spent about $20 at Target (I cleared out a gift card with $43 on it), but $20 was necessities. I was telling a friend the other day, I never find Cartwheel savings on anything I'd normally buy, it's always on stuff I want but don't want to pay full price on it. If I didn't have the Cartwheel, I probably wouldn't have bought most of the chocolate. Oh well.

No comments: