Thursday, September 07, 2017

a couple hauls

I meant to post on Monday after going shopping but life never happens like you mean it to. I'm not religious, but I've always loved this saying: If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.
Anyway, I guess this will kinda be a weekly checkin.
Sunday: I had to work at the library at noon, it was actually kind of quiet. We didn't have anything going on, not near as many people seemed to be there, the weather was nice. There was a little rush at about closing, but there's always more people at closing on the weekends.
Monday: I finished some swaps.
A flamingo and pineapple pocket letter:
 I also decorated some paper bags for a destash swap:
 I like this one. I love all the embellishments I added to it.
 This one, I didn't really know how to decorate it, so it's rather plain.
My parents asked if I wanted to go to supper with them. I always have to figure out whether or not the free meal outweighs how much they will annoy me at supper. I took this picture to compare the differences in serving proportions:
 I had gotten the special of butternut squash ravioli and got 5 ravioli, my dad got a calzone and it was huge. They were also rather slow. I got a cannoli to go, and it wasn't that great when I got around to eating it, I probably will not go back there.
We were very close to an Asian food store, so I wandered over there before we left, I found this guy on a window on my way over:
 I really shouldn't go in to the Asian food stores, I always end up spending way too much money and half the things I don't end up liking.
 It was basically green tea everything.
Green Tea Mochi ice cream, I've had a few of these and I don't find them too flavorful, I think I need to let them warm up a little before I decide I don't like them. The wafer thing was like a square sugar cone with chocolate and green tea ice cream, I liked that one. There's another green tea ice cream mochi on the top, I haven't tasted this one yet. Green tea kit kats, I love these. Green tea cakes, there's too much cake and not enough green tea in these.
 Milk cake, they are kinda like a fig newton in the cake part and the inside kinda reminds me of mochi, it's not creamy like it looks like. The bags with faces on are like giant cocoa puffs. I've already finished one bag. Raspberry kit kats, love these too. The only thing I don't like are the bags are $5 each. Banana cream cereal sticks, these are strange but kinda good. It's like cereal on the outside and a banana cream on the inside, I wish the outside was sweeter.
Tuesday: I watched TV all day. It was a good day.
Wednesday: I opened at the library and then did my errands. It was a pretty good day. It's funny the week before I had a great Tuesday, too, and then on Wednesday, someone on Facebook annoyed me, same thing happened this week. It's my art swaps and how I seem to get a lot of people sending out late or not really putting any effort into the swaps.
Today, I had to be at the bookstore at 8, I got up at 6:30, not feeling that great, I saw this beautiful sight at the police station:
 all the police SUVs lined up.
I continued to not feel so great at the bookstore, so I went home early. I found this box on my porch when I got home:
 It's my hollar haul. I'm not as enamored with them as some other people, the last few times I was on the website I didn't find anything I really wanted to spend my money on, but when I was on this time it was specifically for the coloring pads in this picture:
 I had seen someone on YouTube haul them, and I'm not a coloring person, but I thought they'd be fun for art, and you can't just buy those, so I ended up spending about $30. The paper pad was $1.50
Here are some close-ups of the insides:
DCWV color and create tags - colors and objects, $3
 DCWV color and create tags - nature designs, $3
cutout journal and photo album - vintage $3
some envelopes, stickers and clear acetate ephemera
The coffee cup stickers were $2, which is a bit steep, but I really wanted them. The scrapbooking stickers were 99cents.
 Close-ups:
Embellished journey envelopes and cards, 10 count, 99 cents
Embellished surf shop envelopes and cards, 10 count, 99 cents
 clear cut love shapes with glitter accents, 99 cents
 Family time clear cut shapes with glitter accents, 99 cents.
stickers:
Everything was 99 cents in this picture. The monsters are temporary tattoos, but I've seen people use them in crafting stuff.
I also picked up a few stuffed animals:
The owl and the monster were both $2, the bear was 99 cents.

I'm excited to get into these and start creating with stuff.

No comments: