Saturday, September 23, 2017

A bunch of mail

It's Saturday and I haven't posted since Tuesday, typical.
Let's see, Sunday, I went to Applebees for supper with my parents. I finally spent my BAM birthday gift card on a calendar for next year:
 I bought the owl hand lotion because my gift card was only $15, but the calendar was $14.99, so I didn't want to charge my card for a few cents. I know I could have waited and gone back later when the calendars were on sale, but I get down there so little, I jumped on the chance. Can you believe that owl was originally $8? He's probably about 2 inches high and matches perfectly an owl lip balm I got at a garage sale this summer.
Monday: I worked on finishing a book. I'm doing badly at reading lately, I'm back in to my rut of just renewing stuff. Monday night people on Facebook were rude and I kinda ignored facebook a bit on Tuesday. You saw what I did on Tuesday.
Wednesday: I opened at the library, when I was leaving I spotted a painted rock on our sculpture in front of the library:
 I love finding these. I leave them alone, cause I'm not gonna do anything with them, but they give me just a joyful feeling when I find them.
I mailed $22 worth of stuff at the post office. It actually wasn't that much, a small priority box, 4 pocket letters and some stickers. Parcel rate went up a few weeks ago to $3 a parcel, so I'm thinking about stepping back from swaps, also people and their inability to mail on time is getting me annoyed again.
I found a swap in my mail when I got home, that one that took the detour to Texas. There was some cool underwater paper in it:
 They were rolled up in the box, which was weird because the box was big enough for them to be flat. She basically mailed me a box of destash for some buttons.
 kraft ornaments? baby banner, washi, paper straws, rings, felt bow stickers, doilies, handmade cards, stamp, sequins, tickets and die cuts.
 handmade card, ribbon, paper clips, ATCs, tag, ephemera. I love it when people send me destash, those are actually some of my favorite swaps. I know I won't like everything, but there's always something I do like and will use.
Thursday, I went in a little early to work.
Friday I opened, I found this cute Halloween pocket letter in the mail when I got home:
 I love the use of gold and black. My partner was very quick to mail this out. For one of my groups due to people flaking, we send a picture of our finished project to get a partner, this swap was partnered on Wednesday. Sadly, I didn't get the information until I got home, and I'm trying so hard to go to the post office once a week, no matter how many people get upset. As long as I get my swaps mailed out by the mailing date, it's not an issue.
I did not go to any garage sales this weekend, I had a headache and felt weird when I left work on Friday, so I basically relaxed at home.
Saturday: I opened again at the library. It was a fine day. No patron annoyed me, but as I was walking home, I realized I was still in a grumpy mood. It reminded me of that scene in Crash, where Sandra Bullock's talking to her friend and she says "I'm angry all the time and I don't know why." I'm grumpy most of the time and I don't know why. I can do things that make me happy, but then I'm just grumpy the rest of the time. I talked myself out of shopping today, cause it makes me happy for those few fleeting moments.
It was a good mail day, though, I got:
a washi tape swap:
 a Halloween tag:
 An October calendar tag:
 And a Hollar box. They sent me an email saying I had an $8 credit that was about to expire, and you have to get to $25 for free shipping, so I shopped.
 Apparently they have switched to Halloween bags.
 Toffee peanuts for 99 cents, honey roasted peanuts for 99 cents, chocolate filled biscuits for  $1, mini cards and envelopes for 99 cents.
 I saw these cool glitter glues and was hoping I could use them in my crafting, I got every color. They were 99 cents each.
 crafting scissors for a friend for $2.50, sponges for $1.25, and sandwich bags for $1.75. I needed the sponges and the bags, sadly the sponges are crappy ones but I'm sure I can find a use for them.
 gel pens for $1, lace tape for 99 cents, mushroom pencil sharpener for $2.50, emoji push pins for $2, baby acetate pieces for 99 cents. Like I said on Tuesday, I've been on the lookout for gel pens, I'm pretty sure I'm set for awhile. I couldn't pass up the lace tape, the mushroom sharpener and the emoji push pins.
Scratch and sniff stickers, they are grape, vanilla and strawberry, they were all 99 cents each.
I think I spent about $18. I do want to do some Christmas shopping on Hollar because of prices, but I'm gonna at least wait until next month for more shopping there. 

No comments: