Saturday, August 12, 2017

Week of August 6th

Sunday: I basically lounged around watching youtube and tried not to aggravate my blisters.
I did make a few things, I started doing my Screw It and Do It challenge in one of the notebooks I picked up at the dollar tree on Saturday.
Screw It and Do It Challenge:
 Mini unicorn/fairy pocket letters:
 2nd one:
 3rd one:
 Monday: I don't really know (my plan with these weekly updates was to type each day on the day and publish at the end of the week, but today is Thursday, so I have to go back and remember what I did, and I don't do a lot outside of work and art).
I did get some cool mail though,
Alphabet stickers:
 More alpha stickers
And more
I also received my under the sea flip book:
And went to work, which was pretty uneventful.
I made my Screw It and Do It challenge after I got home:
Tuesday, I had to do training for one of my other jobs that afternoon, so I got up and did my Screw It and Do It Challenge early:
I also created an altered picture frame:
I went to work and came home about supper time, I found some interesting mail.
Flower washi:
and put together all the swaps I had to mail the next day. I mailed out my mini unicorn/fairy pocket letters, a RAK package, the altered picture frame and
A back to school pocket letter:
I spent less than $20 on postage which is always my goal. I went grocery shopping and came home. I'm not really into routine in what I eat, but I am enjoying buying the packaged salad that is about to expire and using the $1 off coupon and having salad for a couple days in a row. I'm not a huge salad person, so this is pretty good for me. This week I bought the salad, some green goddess salad dressing (I'm not sure what's in it, but it's pretty good), tortilla strips (in place of the croutons that are so rough they bug my mouth) and mushrooms, I meant to pick up some shredded cheese. I had frozen chicken, so I warmed that up and put it in my salad. It's pretty good.
I also made my Screw It and Do It Challenge:
I admit, I made it wicked late at night. I also whipped out a What did you want to be when you grew up pocket letter:
I always wanted to be a cop. I watched a lot of police shows: New York Undercover, Pacific Blue, Nash Bridges, Walker Texas Ranger. I remember reading an old journal and I said I wanted to be a police officer. I do have my degree in criminal justice, but the closer I got the more I realized it's not what I wanted. I'm still not sure what I want to be/do, but it's not a cop. I do still love reading true crime and about cop's lives and movies and TV shows about police officers, one of my favorites is Third Watch, but I don't actually want to do that for a living.
Thursday: my mail came exceptionally early. I found a few things in it,
A rainbow pocket letter:
and a thank you package for something I sent out:
I also made my Screw It & Do It Challenge:
 My co-worker gifted me this bag of vintage buttons and sewing stuff:
 Work was uneventful, but we did get free hot dogs.
Friday: I started my long work month at the bookstore. It was a little slow, and I was staring at their chocolate that was on sale, so on my break I picked some up:
 I spent about $17 for it. I didn't like the honey bar, but the rest are pretty good, I haven't tried the tiny ones yet.
I try to have all my stuff together so I can just go from one job to the next but as I was leaving in for the bus that morning, I realized I left my library key card at home, so I had to go back home in between jobs, so I went to the grocery store and got my lunch stuff for the next week or so. By the time I made it in to the library it was almost time for work, so I had to hurry through lunch and changing my clothes. Thankfully it was a pretty slow day.
I made my Screw It & Do It Challenge:
 Saturday: I went to a few sales. My first two were busts, I found this koozie on my way to another one:
 I found all these jewelry pieces at a surprise sale:
 I spent $4 there, I like picking up jewelry and then tearing it apart and using the pieces on artwork. The next one was also a bust, I had another one on my list that said it didn't start until 4pm, but I thought I'd see if they mistyped, nope.
This was the next sale:
 They had quite a few stamps, but I don't use a lot of stamps. The two ice cream cones are actually luggage tags, but I thought I could use them as tags on art work. I haven't checked to see if the stationery set is all there yet. I picked up more scissors cause I'm always losing mine. And more jewelry. I spent $5.50 here.
The next sale I wasn't going to go to, because these people put on multiple sales but after seeing a picture of jewelry, I thought I'd check it out.
 The pens I picked up because I signed up to do a Halloween loaded bag. I can't pass up stickers, love the lace and Olaf and the dragons. I bought the owl earrings to pull apart for art. I spent $3 at this sale.
The last sale I wasn't going to go to, because it was a bit out of the way, I got a late start and I have to work this afternoon. I'm very glad I went, though.
 That whole box of washi was $1, the journal was $1 and the rest was free. The person running the sale said she was selling some stuff for a friend and mostly everything was not priced. She asked what the box was, so I don't think she knew what washi goes for, I was prepared to spend $3 for it. All the stuff in the bottom of the photo came in a plastic bag and I just wanted it for the penguin sticker. The journal is a color your own, I'm not big on journaling or coloring, but sometimes I like to just pull out my gel pens and color a little bit. I figured it was a good price for that.
These were all a quarter each. I certainly don't need more owl stuff, I don't really have a place for these. I picked up the elephant for my boss. I ended up spending $3 at this sale.
My bag was pretty full when I got home and I spent $16 and walked about 5 miles. 
I got a thank you card and
A mini fairy/unicorn pocket letter in the mail: 
Work was pretty uneventful until we closed and we had a small child in the library but no parent. She left with a police officer and I hope they found the parents.
While walking home I realized how tired my feet were, I made my Screw It & Do It Challenge:
And I am now sitting for the rest of the evening. I'm sure there will be more sitting before and after work tomorrow.

No comments: