Saturday, August 19, 2017

Week of August 13th

Sunday: I didn't have to work until noon, so I basically got caught up on YouTube all morning. I ate a little snack and made a lunch and went to lunch. I got my 15 min lunch break about 2:30 and had barely enough time to drink my soda and eat my sandwich. I've decided my sandwiches would be more exciting if I had splurged on better cheese or meat, if I run out before I'm done at the bookstore I will be buying one or the other.
The bookstore closed at 4 and because of people not leaving, I had to walk home (I could have waited 30 minutes for the bus. I got home about the same time I would have if I waited for the bus, but then I also got about 1.75 more miles for the weekend.
When I got home I went to do my laundry and make my Screw It and Do It Challenge, but I felt really light headed and I had something weird going on with my eyes, like when you stand up too fast, and you get pixels, I went to sit on the couch for awhile and my eyes recovered but as I was trying to finish my challenge, my left arm went tingly up to the elbow and my hand went numb. It was really weird, as I was changing my laundry into the dryer, I was moving it a lot to get the blood moving again. It went back to normal I wanna say in about 5 more minutes (might have been longer) but it was really weird. I sat on the couch a little longer, had supper and went back to creating.
I don't like my Screw It and Do It challenge, but my body was basically telling me to stop, so I did:
I also had to create a Halloween loaded envelope, one of my groups was short a partner and I volunteered (though I think it's a bit early for Halloween, I just wanna get through back to school, then it can be Halloween):
I think it's packed enough and done. It will be mailed on Wednesday.
Monday: I didn't sleep much Sunday night, the rain wakes me up in this apartment. Woke up at 4:30, and then 5:45 and then when my alarm went off at 6:30. I got up and wondered if I couldn't just get up at 6:45 instead. Had to be at the bookstore at 8, wasn't that busy, had returns training at 10, that went to about 11:30. At noon, I was sent home because there were way too many cashiers and not enough registers.
Like I said it was stormy in the morning, I put my new shoes on because of the rain, I don't know if I'll ever get used to them. My arches hurt I think it's because I haven't had any footwear with good support for awhile, so my feet still hurt. When I got home and and took off my shoes, my feet didn't hurt. I should have taken a nap before I had to be at the library, but I didn't, so I was really dragging when I went in. Sometime after when I was drinking my pop, I got my second wind and went home less tired than when I went in.
Got a Bingo winning from one of my Facebook Groups:
 Did my Screw It and Do It Challenge when I got home:
 and basically went to bed.
Tuesday: I didn't have to work until 12:30, it was nice to sleep in.
I took care of my swap packaging up, I sent off a box of flowers to someone:
And finished the Screw It and Do It Challenge:
When I got to work, I ate half my sandwich because it was noon and I was hungry. It was pretty steady all day, so that was nice. About 10 minutes until six, when we closed, that's when people just started lining up. I had to stay an extra 15 minutes and was afraid of missing a second bus home. I made the second bus, but I was not pleased. When I got home, my deadbolt wouldn't retract all the way and I finally got to sit down and relax about 7:45. I am happy that I got all my swaps packaged up in the morning so I didn't have to worry about then when I got home. I'm kinda excited to just work at the library tomorrow, and have a normal Wednesday. I'm trying to take it one day at a time, it's much less daunting than looking at my busy schedule through September 8th.
Wednesday: woke up early of course. Went to work, mailed off my swaps and went grocery shopping. Basically slacked off the rest of the day watching youtube. My mom called later in the day saying my grandma had been moved to hospice and they didn't know how long it would be. She's 100 years old, so it's not really a surprise, but...
So, I got off at both my jobs to go over on Thursday.
Thursday: My parents came to pick me up to go visit my grandma, and they told me she had passed about the time they were supposed to pick me up. My mom asked if I still wanted to go, I said sure (what else what I going to do, I was already off work). The town she's in is about 2 hours away, we got up there about mid morning and basically sat on the patio of the care center and talked about stuff until about lunchtime when the funeral home took her away and another of my aunts came over with lunch. We talked more about funeral plans and went to the funeral home about 2, were there for a few more hours and then talked to the priest at the church. We left about 7 and got home about 9. It was an emotionally exhausting day. The funeral is early next week and I know I can't get off one job for it, my mom was saying how there is funeral leave at jobs, but one of my jobs is a cashier at the university's bookstore and school starts on Monday, I feel it's about equivalent to someone in retail having to leave on Black Friday. The library does have funeral leave or whatever it's called. My dad said I could put in for that on Monday and leave after working at the bookstore and make it up there for the visitation. I love my grandmother, but I HATE funerals. I never know how to react, I hate people crying and crying myself and I don't want to go after working for 6 hours and being exhausted to just come back again at 7pm. I know I'll hear about it, either way I decide. I'll probably talk to my supervisor on Friday at the library, but I just don't know.
Friday: I was at the bookstore at the morning and felt really out of it until about 10AM. I closed at the library. Apparently there was a little confusion as to whether I was coming in, I'm not sure how we got there. The person who thought I wasn't coming in I never talked to. Anyways, it was pretty slow. Had a parent not understand that I can't give certain information about their kid's personal account. American Library Association rules, if you're not on an account, I can't give you details on things on that account. Also had this kid that really wanted to get onto our online database, but could not prove they lived at their address. They were very persistent. Oh well, it's life. Decided not to go to my grandma's visitation or funeral, I just can't handle it. I had decided not to go and then my mother said something, so I was uncertain and then everyone and their brother had to give advice, a few people told me to go with my feelings and I have. Went home and watched YouTube and went to bed.
Saturday: Was thinking about going to a few garage sales, but my feet told me they were tired when I got up, so I'm just gonna veg all day. Be away from people and off my feet. I do have to go get some mayo and bread today, but otherwise I'm just gonna stay home.

No comments: