Saturday, July 15, 2017

Shopping Day

My friend and I went shopping to celebrate my birthday (July 2nd) yesterday.
First stop was Salvation Army, I picked up one cute bee:
 He was only 99 cents.
I was supposed to be looking for shirts (like last time), but it takes way too long to clothes shop. At the next stop, a local thrift store, I did find two:
 The one on the left is a gradiated plum with a leopard like print over it. The one on the right has a paisley print. They were about $4 each.
We went to lunch after that, I had an egg salad sandwich on a croissant, it was the saddest egg salad I've ever had, it didn't have any zip to it. The Snicker apple salad I had with it, was phenomenal, very good.
Next up was Goodwill:
 The binder is 2" (for my pocket letters) it was 99 cents, the shirt was $2.59 and the snowman mug was 99 cents. I don't need another snowman, but he was so cute.
My friend had to take a call for work, so I headed over to Target while she was on the phone. How cute is this accessory kit?
 It was $6, I had a gift card, but I still can't justify spending that much on it, I'll wait until after school shopping time and see if it shows up on clearance.
Here's what I did pick up:
 a couple sticky note kits for $1 each. The penguin holds a tiny bottle of glue, he was in the back to school section and only $1.49, I just thought it was cute. The watermelon pencil case was $3, the Wonder Woman socks are a 3-pack and were $5. The watermelon on the end was on clearance for $1.50.
I also picked this up:
It was $35, which is a bit steep for me, but I needed it as a replacement for my TV stand which has water damage and is sad. I haven't set it up yet, so I don't know if it works, but I hope it does.
Next up was another Salvation Army.
I love the sentiment on this cup:
I picked up some egg doilies, confetti, a keychain, a letter opener and an activity kit.
 The doilies were 49 cents, the red/white/blue sequins were 19 cents, the star sequins were 39 cents, the letter opener was 49 cents, the Star Wars play kit (really shouldn't have bought it, but it was all there) was $1.99.
We stopped by a garage sale on the way to the next store:
 I picked up this elephant creamer for a friend, it was 50 cents.
We stopped at another Salvation Army, but they were playing Christian music nonstop and it bothered me, so I didn't buy anything.
Next up was a Goodwill:
 I picked up that Scrapbook kit for $5.99. It says it has over 1200 items and is a $100 value. It wouldn't surprise me if it originally sold at $30 or more originally. It is missing a few pieces and I'll never use the scrapbook that was included, but I think it was worth it.
The Dollar Tree was right next door, so I convinced my friend to go there:
 calendars, stickers, cards, drying mat, food, mounting squares, pens. I think it's a little early to be picking up calendars for next year, but I thought since I was there, I'd pick some up, let's see if I lose them before 2018. I couldn't pass by the sea or owl stickers, I was actually a little disappointed in their sticker section, but it's not like I need more. I also don't need more notecards, but this set has a bunny holding a flower. I did need the drying mat. I always try to pick up foam tape, or in this case foam mounting squares when I see it. I didn't need more pens either, but I admit, I have a problem.
I had a fun time, spent a bit over $40 and got to spend time with a friend. It was a great day off.

No comments: