Saturday, June 03, 2017

5.3 miles of walking

It's been a weird week, I'm not sure if it's because of Memorial Day or what.
Sunday: I had to work, I remember being very annoyed with a lot of people
Monday: went to lunch with my parents and basically relaxed the rest of the day, I seriously needed it. I finished A Mother's Reckoning by Sue Klebold. Someone had it requested, so I had to finish it. It was very sad.
Tuesday: I have no idea what I did until I had to go to work. I remember being very stressed out about getting something packaged up to mail on Wednesday and then finding out I didn't have to mail it until June 6th.
Wednesday: Opened at the library, mailed a rainbow pocket letter, went grocery shopping and I don't know what else. I put in to have two of my floating holidays and am excited (sorta) to have a three day weekend this weekend and a four day weekend next weekend. Sorta not excited because I won't really be doing anything.
Thursday: I made a birthday card for my boss, her birthday is one month before mine, which is why I remember it. My birthday is July 2nd. I got some stickers in the mail from a swap:

And then there was work. 
Friday: I had a doctor's appointment and then I went garage saleing. I ended up walking 5.31 miles and only bought one thing for 10 cents. I did buy some lemonade at two different sales for $1.50, I think by the time I made it to the last sale, I just felt like I had to buy something, so I bought this cute little guy:
He's a very fluffy keychain.
Friday night I went to the annual art walk, sadly I didn't find anything to buy.
Today: I wasn't sure I'd go out to garage sales as I had walked so much yesterday and I had to work this afternoon, I figured I'd be rather sore. I wasn't that sore when I got up, but then I looked at the temperature, it was 9:30 and 88 degrees. I chose not to go out, especially since I had to take two showers on Friday because of the heat. I did go down to the Farmer's Market and again decided it was a waste of time. I'm actually very proud of myself for not even picking up sweets. I went by the grocery store on the way home and picked up some comfort food. I did finish The Book of Chocolate by HP Newquist, that was actually pretty interesting. Then there was work.
I'm excited about my birthday, even though I know it will come and nothing exciting will happen, so I'm not as excited as past years. I always hope something interesting will happen.

No comments: