Sunday, March 26, 2017

Last week

On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuff, so I didn't want to spend too much time there. That just made me want to go to my Hobby Lobby on Monday. I try not to buy anything at full price, but sometimes I do. Here's what I picked up:
 Tags, rubber ducky stickers, frog, journaling cards, journaling kit, vintage stickers, flower stickers, word stickers, pinwheel, speech bubble chipboard die cuts, brads, felt flowers.
I saw someone haul a tag pad from Tuesday Morning, these are more muted and vintage looking, they were $1.40. I got the rubber ducky stickers because someone recently sent me the rubber ducky washi from the Dollar Tree and I thought they'd go together, they were $0.59. I just loved the frog, he was $1.79 (actually a part of the reason I went to Hobby Lobby is because I saw their spring stuff was 40% off and I saw an ant figurine that I wanted, sadly it was $11.99 regular price, and even with the discount it was a bit much, so I picked up the frog as a consolation). The journaling cards are My Minds Eye On Trend and My Mind's Eye Hello Gorgeous, they were both $2.99 each. The journaling kit is Simple Stories So Fancy for $5.99, which is a little pricey for me, but I liked the images. The vintage stickers are actually envelope seals, they were $1.00. The flower stickers were regular priced at $1.49, I saw them at Micheal's, and had gotten some in a swap. The word/flower stickers were also regular priced at $1.49, I just like the sayings. The pinwheel is blue gingham with cherries on it, it was $0.59, I thought it would be fun to put in a loaded bag. The speech bubble chipboard die cuts were $1.50, I thought they'd be fun. The brads were $2.00, they are nice and springy colored. The felt flowers were $0.30, they are from the Valentine section, I figured I could easily take off the hearts and replace them with something else. I spent about $30.
On my way to work, I mailed a package for a swap.
Tuesday, I didn't do anything productive. I was supposed to make some stuff for swaps, but I ended up just watching YouTube all day. I also should have read some of my 30 books I have checked out.
Wednesday, I worked, and went grocery shopping and then worked on some of those art projects.
Thursday, I got some die cuts in the mail:
 bunnies, words, cups,
 lots of scalloped circles
 flowers, bunnies.
I also finished those art projects, here's what my bed looks like when I'm creating:
I don't have near enough room to spread out. I do appreciate that I'm no longer creating on the floor and have a desk, but I still have way too much stuff. I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree and Target, but when I can't find things that I'm looking for, I really don't need to be buying more stuff. The only thing I 'need' is some more chocolate. Lots of people include tea in their pocket letters, I don't drink tea, so I try to include chocolate.
Friday, I mailed those art projects: 2 Easter pocket letters, some planner clips, some ATCs, some 3x5 index cards, a spring themed pocket letter. I also had to work that afternoon. I want to create/put together one swap that I've signed up for each day, so they are ready to send out and I'm not so backed up. I did make a pocket letter yesterday and am planning to make another one today.
Saturday, I didn't do much either. I did get some movies watched, and created a pocket letter. I seriously scaled back on the channels I subscribe to on YouTube before we left for Chicago because I spend way too much time watching it, of course then I watch my channels and don't know what to do afterwards.
I finished one of my books today and felt very accomplished, especially since it's almost 400 pages long and I read about 200 pages today, I finished yesterday by reading until I fell asleep.
I also want to finish a book a day, but if I'm trying to do all my morning stuff, create, read a book, work and finish the day with a movie, I'm not sure I can fit it all in.
I also want to do that blogging every day in April thing, but I'm not sure I can think of something for every letter of the alphabet to blog about.

No comments: