Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Hodgepodge Vol 289

It's Hodgepodge time again. Head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people's answers are.


1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done? Maybe a 5. I feel I just got done decorating in my new space, so I didn't want to bring out my Christmas stuff.  Black Friday at about 8pm I decided to do it though. Mostly all my stuff is in the living room.
 This is in the corner by my bedroom door. I love this ceramic tree. My grandparents had one when I was a kid. I bought this at a garage sale, I don't have the bottom where a lightbulb is on it, because I'm a bit wary about how old it is. So, I just take off the top and decorate it with these tiny cards I got in a swap years ago.
 This bookshelf is just to the right of the one above. It has all my Iowa State University snowmen on it. I used to have these in my kitchen at my old place.
 This bookshelf is on the same wall as the above one, but a bit farther to the right. As you can see most of my decorations are snowmen, mostly so I don't have to put them away right after Christmas. I found that tiny black tree at Borders one year on clearance. You can also see the 'ice cube' snowmen on the top shelf of the bookshelf. They have candles that look like candy canes in them.
 This one is right around the corner from the other one. It is the most decorated. But, you can also see I'm kinda hanging on to fall with my pumpkin and Halloween snowglobe on the top. A lot of the hanging ornaments are from swaps I've done throughout the years. That set of snowmen on the bottom shelf, one of them has pink the other blue, I just got in a swap this year, I'm loving them.
 This is my TV stand. I have a few decorationgs on the bottom. I really love those two with the sparkly hats in the middle. I picked them up at a garage sale over the summer and had to add hats to their bare heads, I think they look much nicer now.
 This is right next to my TV stand. It's actually decorated like this all year round. I collect owls, and it's my owl tree. I love this tree, it's a little barer because of the move, it used to have vintage glass button ornaments on it. If you look really closely, you can see the mother-of-pearl button garland on it.
 This is the bar into my kitchen. It's actually just holding most of my presents I'm giving away. I was having a hard time remembering what I had gotten for people, so I coralled it all here, now I just need to wrap them.
This is right above my TV. 
I got rid of a lot of snowmen before I moved. While I had the same number of rooms, plus a lot of closet space, I feel my apartment was at least twice the size of this one. My mom got a little upset a few years ago when they had garage sales to get ready for their upcoming move because I was getting rid of so many snowmen. I knew whereever I moved it would be smaller than what I was in at the time.
I do feel I'm missing a couple snowmen, but I've been through all my boxes, so I guess there were a couple I parted with that I didn't know I'd miss. Oh well.

2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas! No

3.  Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did? No. Sometimes I wish I knew some more of my neighbors. One of my former bosses lives just a few houses down, I'm not entirely pleased about that, she wasn't the best boss and I don't like interacting with her.

4.  As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now? Maybe to get rid of the boxes I still have around. Most of them are empty, I just don't have the room in our garbage can to put them, but I still have stuff to organize and put away.

5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not? Mondays don't really bother me, it could be because my regular day off is Tuesday, so that's always a nice perk. I don't just work Monday-Friday, so it's not like I'm coming off a 2-day break. 

6.  Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now? I'm not a big flower person. I like that there's a lot of different colored poinsettias out there. I guess if I had to pick out of those, it would be a Christmas Cactus.

7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie. I know it's not a traditional Christmas movie, but it takes place on Christmas. "Now I have a gun, ho ho ho"

8.  Insert your own random thought here. I got a new roommate this weekend and I am not pleased. Monday morning I woke up to see a mouse on my floor. My landlord has gotten traps, and while I haven't seen it since Monday afternoon, I've still heard it around. I'm afraid it's gonna start chewing on things. There's no food on the floor, so I'm afraid of what it will start chewing on.

Also, Christmas is in about 2 1/2 weeks are you ready?

No comments: