Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hodgepodge

It's hodgepodge time, head on over to Joyce's blog to see what other people have answered.


1. What would you say is your strongest sense? I'm gonna go with smell. I have an extra sensitive nose and certain smells bother me. Sometimes they are extremely strong, sometimes not.
2. Do you believe in the idea of a 'sixth sense'? Why or why not? I believe in feeling when something is off. I get something when I feel people are acting weird, but that could just be my criminal justice degree kicking in.
3. When do you most feel like a slave to time? Explain. Probably when I sign up for too many swaps. Like now, a few weeks ago, I had 9 different swaps I was working on. I got a little too excited and over extended myself. I have whittled that down to 3 swaps now.
4. Have you ever worked in a restaurant? How would you rate the experience? If you could own a restaurant what kind would it be? I have not. I'm not sure I'd want to own a restaurant, I feel I'd overeat all the time. Kinda like I check out way too many items working at a library.
5. Ever traced your family tree? Share something interesting you learned there. I have not, but up until a few years ago I was told my heritage on both sides of my family was German, come to find out my mother's side is actually English.
6. What did your childhood bedroom look like? I remember white and bows. Not much else, probably way too much stuff on the floor, like my apartment is now.
7. Anyone who knows me knows I love books? As I mentioned above, I check out way too many items because I work at the library (maybe not because, but it helps). I'm surrounded by books and I check out way too many. I just suspended (made my holds inactive until a later date) all the items I have on hold the other day because I feel I have too many books to read and too many movies to watch.  I have 43 books checked out and 34 of them probably have over 200 pages in them. I do get to renew them up to 5 times (one of my perks of working at the library), but if I just keep checking more out, I'm not going to get any of them read. 
I mentioned to my boss the other day, it was horrible to work at the library. We had just gotten a bunch of new nonfiction books in, and my favorite genre is nonfiction. I love my job.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Going back to my job, it does have weird things to deal with. Like two weeks ago, we got fleas, and we had to shut down the library for a day. Late last week, we hadn't seen a flea in awhile, so we finally got to take down the signs that basically said we have fleas, enter at your own risk. There's also the things people do in here. We have a few books in the back we have to get rid of because someone threw up on them. There's never a dull day at the library.

1 comment:

Paula said...

My sensitive sense is smell too! I am visiting from the link where I am your neighbor. Happy Wednesday!