Saturday, July 09, 2016

Birthday food

I know these are backwards, but I wanted to share my haul first.
I promised to make treats for my birthday, I'm sure no one would have card if I didn't but after saying that, I felt obligated. I had bought blueberries and strawberries because they were on sale. I looked on Pinterest for something easy, these were on the home page as a July 4th treat.
 I think people really liked them. I had cut up the strawberries, so I felt they went bad faster than they would have if I had left them whole, oh well, live and learn.
I had picked up some cupcakes for myself at the farmer's market:
 There's birthday cake, red velvet, raspberry and blueberry lemon.
These were not that good. They all had regular white frosting which was really sugary. I did take awhile to eat the, but I feel they got hard really fast. The red velvet had regular white frosting, which to me (and about everyone I've talked to) is not real red velvet, it should have cream cheese frosting.
When I got to work, I found these:
 a six pack of white cupcakes from HyVee and chocolate covered brownies.
After a week of sitting on my desk, these cupcakes were still really moist. So I guess the moral is to buy HyVee, not the expensive ones.
Last week one of my co-workers had a kohlrabi at work. So, I bought some at the farmer's market
I ate it raw with some salt. I wasn't that impressed. Someone else told me to eat it with ranch salad dressing, I'll try that next. Any suggestions on what I should do with the third one?
Saturday night, my friend and I went to Texas Roadhouse for supper. I ordered an alcoholic drink:
 I found it very strong, but I don't drink alcohol that much (I don't like the alcohol taste), so maybe it was me.
Thursday, my friend gave me a box of cupcakes from a local bakery. I've only eaten one so far, but really good. It had mint chocolate, almond, chocolate peanut butter and black forest.

No comments: