Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Hodgepodge Vol 270

It's Hodgepodge time. Head on over to Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.
1. If you could sit beside and/or jump in any lake in the whole wide world today, which lake would you choose and why? Definitely Lake Okoboji in North Iowa. I love going there for vacation. We have a condo for one week a year that is right on the lake. My family used to go there all the time when I was a kid. Every time I go back, I'm transported back to my childhood.
2. What's your favorite 'fruity' drink? I don't drink a lot of fruity drinks. I like strawberry banana smoothies. I really love the Naked Fruit Juice mango flavor. 
3. I read a list here of thirteen things to do right now to simplify your life. They were-
clean as you go I'm not good at cleaning, it would definitely simplify my life if I did that. 
re-evaluate your relationships (cut toxic ties) I have re-evaluated my relationships in the past, I find if I stop trying in relationships where the other person isn't trying, I'm more happier.
unsubscribe (too many blogs and websites) I should weed down what I subscribe too, I have a program where I put in all my blogs that I subscribe to and it just shows me when they post new things. Now, that I've figure out how to do that on YouTube, I spend less time on those sites.
de-clutter I should de-clutter, technically I am decluttering (I'm really failing at it) because I'm moving soon.
write down your daily goals I don't really have daily goals, maybe if I wrote down that I was going to this room done at then end of the day, I'd actually get things packed up and sorted.
reply to emails right away This one I'm pretty good at
forget multitasking You know they do say that when you multi-task it's harder for your brain to focus on everything. I don't multitask that much. I do have a tendency to do things on my computer when watching movies, but mostly because I'll fall asleep if I don't.
create a morning routine I have a morning routine when I have to work in the mornings, otherwise I'm good if I remember to eat breakfast.
re-evaluate your commitments (which hobbies and responsibilities are most important to you) I'm trying to do this. I'm trying to make more time to do my art because it makes my life less stressful. But, I shouldn't really be concentrating on doing art right now.
say no I don't really have this problem. Unless my boss asks me to work a bit extra.
clean up your computer There's actually not that much on my computer. This computer is pretty new, and most of my stuff is actually on USB drives.
and plan your day ahead This kinda goes with my daily goals. I don't really have a plan. Unless I have to work, I don't plan much.
Which of the tasks listed do you currently find most helpful in keeping life simple? Which item on the list should you adopt in order to simplify your life this month? I like replying to emails right away. That way I don't forget to do things. I also try to get my bills paid right away.
4. What did you do the summer after you graduated from high school? I believe I did some kind of get ready for college program. I remember going and staying at the dorms on campus and being in a program with other people my age.
5. Are you a fan of podcasts? If so what's a favorite? I don't listen to podcasts.
6. Do you think today's fathers have it harder, easier, or just different than fathers in the past? I'm thinking they have it easier. I think of the times when they had to work on their farms 
7. Tell us one way you're like your father? Or not at all like your father if that's easier? I love to read
8.  Insert your own random thought here. So, it's been really hot here. We had a heat advisory all this past weekend. And now we have buckled roads. And then there's that whole high humidity and wind that can create tornadoes. I hate tornadoes. I've never actually seen one, but they freak me out. Sadly, that's one of the things you just have to deal with in Iowa. Can't beat summer in Iowa (and technically, it's not even summer yet.) 

5 comments:

April said...

We've had brutal temps. here in GA, too...they don't call it HOT-lanta for nothing. UGH! In fact, I'm taking a couple of days off from walking/running at the park to give it time to cool down a bit. Rain is expected today...hoping that helps.

Nonnie said...

It's hot here in Texas, too, but so thankful for the rain we have had.

Mama Squirrel said...

Lake Okoboji in North Iowa: just the name of that one sounds kind of fun.

Life SPW said...

I'm visiting my neighboring Hodgepodgers and lucky you, you are one. Your lake in Iowa sounds great. I love being lakeside. The heat and humidity in NH is often oppressive but we seldom have to contend with tornados. I don't like them either. I lived in Louisiana for a few years and tornados were always possible. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your week.

Loris Glassworks said...

I have many friends in Iowa, they love it there! I grew up in the Midwest, so this time of year I long for the beautiful swaying corn fields, but I don't miss the heat and tornadoes. This is my first hodgepodge, I've enjoyed reading your answers.
Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA