Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Hodgepodge is back

Hi All, I'm back. I keep reading the questions and then forgetting to write a post, If you'd like to read other people's answers, visit Joyce's blog, here


1. March is National Women's History Month. In that vein, who are three women who've been influential in your life? How so? 
Probably, my mother, mostly because she's my mother, I wouldn't be here without her;
my high school art teacher because my art got so much better after taking her classes and she encouraged me to go into art,
and my upper boss because she said she still has no idea what to do with her life and neither do I, so it makes me feel better.
2. In what ways do you think women have it easier than men? 
I think people are much nicer to women, we also have much cooler clothes than they do.
3. What do you need most right now: faith, love, hope, or peace? 
I don't know what I need, but I know I'd really like some love right now. I'm so sick of being single.
4. Do you have a collection? If so, what do you collect and why? 
I have so many collections. I collect owls cause their cute, I collect snowmen cause it makes me easy to shop for. Honestly, I don't have really good reasons for collecting things, usually I collect things cause they're cute. I collect elephants and frogs and minions and toys from my childhood and picture frames and vintage jewelry. I collect too many things and it's really hard to stop. I heard somewhere that if you had three of something, you had a collection, so I'm sure I collect a lot of things.
5. Plaids, checks, polka dots, stripes...your favorite?
I like polka dots, but it depends on what your talking about. I really like things with polka dots, like backpacks and washi tape. But, I also like plaids, it's a nice pattern. If we're talking clothes, probably stripes.
6. In what ways are you the same as your childhood self? 
I still like to play. I kinda laughed when I heard about the adult coloring book fad, because I've always liked doing what keeps my stress down. I have a tendency to do dot-to-dots, there's a company that has Extreme Dot-to-Dot books, with pictures that are over 1000 dots, are on two pages, that use symbols or coordinates. I find that extremely calming, or last night I had fun just attaching things to pages with tape. I also like playing/collecting toys from my youth.
7. You're a contestant on the TV game show Jeopardy. What category will you ace?  
Something about books. I used to go to a trivia thing with my family, and when they asked about contents about popular books, even if I hadn't read the books, I still got all the questions right.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 
I'm loving our weather recently. Today it got up to 70 degrees. It's supposed to be pretty warm for the next week or so. I'm afraid once we get back to normal weather, we're gonna be so cold. It's only March and in Iowa we still could get snow.

3 comments:

Joyce said...

I like polka dots more on people younger than me : ) I do love it on gear too though, especially gift and tote bags. It's definitely feeling more like spring here too. So nice to walk now with the warmer temps. Enjoy your day!

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I feel the same way about the weather. It will probably feel extra cold when it's in the 40's. You're right - women do have cooler clothes! Enjoy your week!

Denise said...

great answers.