Monday, August 03, 2015

AAARGH!!

My mother is such a piece of work sometimes. Last Thursday, we went out to lunch and she mentioned that she needed to clean out boxes in their spare bedroom so they could have a bed in there when my brother visited in a few weeks. I volunteered to help her on Sat.
Friday at work we had an overabundance of leftover food from something, so I took a few pastries for my parents. Saturday, I give them the pastries and proceed to help my mother clear out boxes. She suggests we go to Red Lobster for dinner.
A few weeks ago, my dad asked me to post a few things on Craigslist for them, they sent me the pictures Sunday. So, I posted them Sunday night, one of them being a microwave mom had said to list as free for the taking. I changed it to $20, and a guy emailed me saying he'd give $10. Later tonight I get a text from my mom saying they got rid of the microwave and the guy paid $15 for it and that I earned my Red Lobster dinner. I replied back that I should just get the $15 since they were going to give it away for free. She replied back asking how much my dinner was with the drink and that it was probably more than $15 and that I shouldn't get anything.
I'm pretty sure my dad will give me a little something because we agreed on that earlier and he knows my mother's habits about "giving" me things. A few years ago we were at a scrapbooking store and she had filled up a card of X dollars that gave you $10 off your next purchase. She knew she wouldn't use it before it expired so she gave it to me, saying I had to pay her $5 for it. That's my mother in a nutshell.
I guess I shouldn't volunteer to help her out in the future.

No comments: