Sunday, July 06, 2014

Last week's finds

So, it's been awhile since I've had a real post other than hodgepodges. Has anyone heard of Little Libraries? Basically it's a box of books, you take one and give one back. They must send you a generic box, because a lot of them look alike, but then you decorate it however you please. I've also seen a lot of customized boxes. This one is fairly close to my house and they decorated it all with buttons. How cool is that?
Side:
It says "Unbutton your imagination" Front:
A full frontal:
Other side:
And back:
Last weekend, my mother and I went to Junkin' in June. A lot of little antique places around central Iowa open their doors for people to shop during the weekend. I think I had the most fun this year. I'm not entirely sure why, it might have been because I only went to the ones I knew I liked. I had to work Saturday afternoon, so I had limited time.
The first place we went to, we went to it last year, they moved to a bigger location. I saw a lot of cool things, but since I'm trying not to spend much money lately, I didn't find much I couldn't live without. Maybe that's why I had a better time, I took the time to figure out if I really wanted things before buying them.
My first purchase was this cute little pillow made out of an old quilt. I love old quilts, but they're usually out of my price range, so I try to find other ways to get them.
My next purchase was this cute little box. I took it home and altered it, I love how it turned out.
And my last purchases of the day, some vintage photos,
And the word "ART", there's also a tiny metal guy that has the word Buster on his hat. The straws are spotty and came with my meal.
The meal was a cute little boxed meal, and it was little. I thought it would be fine to eat at work and I'd be filled up til later, nope. It was a very small bun with a piece of cheese and turkey. I was still hungry afterward, so I had to go buy more food.

Like I said I had more fun this year than in previous years. Maybe we'll have to do it when I limited time next year.

My week has been nice and busy. I feel as if I've been working all week, and I did most of it. Monday was work and then it poured right when I got done, and continued pouring for about an hour. Tuesday we had flooding and a little more rain. Wednesday, I picked up an extra shift and just worked. Wednesday was my birthday, but I didn't do anything special. We went out for supper and I got a cake, which we haven't touched yet. Thursday, I had a split shift and in between had to mow and rake the lawn and take care of laundry. I was so exhausted when I went back to work that night, afterwards it was fireworks. Friday, got up and went to the parade, after that we got ready for a family get-together and then I wandered downtown for a little while. Unfortunately, that was un-exciting. I thought there was supposed to be more to do/eat/see. Yesterday, we spent the day sorting through my brother's old things while he was here. And today, I got back to work, I'm not sure I'm ready for it.

How was everyone's 4th of July?

No comments: