Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge. Check out Joyce's blog for other people's answers.

1. The expression 'mad as a March hare' originated with a fictional character who is distracted and frantic. When were you last 'mad as a March hare' and what was it that made you that way? I can't give you a specific time, but most likely it was when I was late and looking for something because I didn't plan ahead. I have a tendency to hurry through my apartment, throwing things around until I find what I'm looking for, or run out of time and leave.

2. Mardi Gras this year falls on Tuesday, March 4th. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras, and if so what did you think? If not, do you have any interest in going? Purple, green, and gold are the colors of Mardi Gras. Which one is most prevalent in your wardrobe? How about in your home? No, I've never been to Mardi Gras. I have, however, been to Mardi Gras World in New Orleans. My dad had a radio conference there where I was in high school, and I got to go along. One of the night events was to go to Mardi Gras world and have dinner there. It was pretty cool.

I'm not sure I'd want to go be around all those crowds and drunk people. I don't wear a lot of those colors. Green is probably most prevalent in my wardrobe, though I'd like to have more purple. Green again, my favorite colors are blue and green, though I'm trying to bring more vibrant colors into my home.

3. Are you old fashioned? It depends on what we're talking about. I think I may be old fashioned in what I expect out of people. I really hate that people have to check their phones all the time, like at work and when you're out with other people. I expect them to pay attention to what they're doing.
And I love antiques and old houses.

4. Do you carefully plan your vacations, or do you prefer the days to be more spontaneous? I like to plan certain things out. I like to make sure I have a hotel to stay at. But, usually I'll just kinda wing it when I get wherever I'm going, unless there's something I want to make sure I see and I need to set up a tour ahead of time.

5. March is National Sauce Month...what's your favorite sauce, and what do you most often top with this sauce? I like pesto. It's easy to make and makes things taste very good.

6. What's something that easily brings a tear to your eye? Animals

7. If you could own any sports team, which one would it be and why? I don't do sports

8. Insert your own random thought here. I cut my hair yesterday. It was at the length where when it's in a ponytail, it annoyed me. It was about chest length and now it hits my ears. The stylist said it was about 8 inches cut off. A pretty drastic change. I work almost right next door to a Great Clips, so I figured I'd just go after work. It's Tuesday (when I write this), very few people have seen my hair cut. I'm curious how people will react when I go into work tonight.

5 comments:

April said...

A haircut is a good way to switch things up a little. I'm with you...drives me crazy when people can't put their phones down to have a conversation with another person.

Tami said...

Pesto is awesome!!

People on their phones when dinning drives me crazy. Seriously? You have a person sitting at the table with you and you can't take the time to talk with them?

New hair cuts make you feel pretty! Good for you!

A Joyful Chaos said...

I have never tried pesto, but I want to before long. One of my resolutions for 2014 was trying a lot of new food and pesto happens to be on the list.

Joyce said...

I think a haircut this time of year helps lighten things all the way round. If it's a good one it can lift the spirits while we're waiting on Spring. A couple of years ago my daughter grew her hair out for locks of love. She cut 13 inches off, and I hadn't seen her with short hair since she was a toddler. (She's in her 20's). It was shocking, but I loved it. She's grown it out now, but not as long as it was.

Cranberry Morning said...

I agree with Joyce. A haircut this time of year just brings a fresh feel to your whole persona. (I thought that had two n's.( Anyway, would love to hear their reaction to your haircut. I mean, how could you resist, being so close to a stylist! That would be a real temptation for me any day I was annoyed with my hair. :-)