Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Wedesday Hodgepodge

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge again, head on over to Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.

1. What is something you'll never forget about the age you are right now?
Honestly, I have no idea. I wanna say that this was the worst winter I can remember, but who knows maybe another winter will be worse (I hope not). Maybe the fact we had to shut down the library for two days due to sickness. As far as I know that's never happened. Last Wednesday over 30 people (which is about half the staff) called in sick with stomach problems, so we didn't open. We had people disinfect the common areas and stayed closed on Thursday. The doctors said if you were sick on Wednesday, you weren't allowed to be at work on Thursday. I got sick the weekend before, so avoided this bout. Let's go with that one, if you'd like to know more about that, check out my last post here.
2. What's a household chore you've never done? How have you managed that???
I'm not entirely sure. But if I've never done it, how do I know it's a household chore? In my parents house we had to clean the ceiling fans every spring, I don't have any fans to clean in my apartment.
3. Does nature shape our personalities more than nurture? Explain?
I think more nurture. It's what you see around you that you suck in and push toward your personality. But, there's also the nature part, they've done studies on twins that were adopted out at birth to different families and when reunited years later learned that certain parts of their life and personalities were so similar, you would think they were raised together. So, I really don't know. 
4. Friday (February 28th) is 'Something on a Stick Day'...funny because Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens recently sent me an idea for a question relating to this topic. What's your favorite food eaten on a stick?
Ah, food on a stick. That's our state fair, a couple years ago they introduced deep fat fried butter on a stick. There are quite a few things on a stick they serve that I wouldn't go near. Right now, I like cake pops.
5. Which of your five senses do you treasure most, and why?
I think it would taste. When I'm sick, and can't taste things it drives me nuts, especially when I know what it should taste like.
I should also say sight. My dad is legally blind, so I see it a lot. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't read, or do my artwork or be able to notice things. 
6. What's the best music, theatre, or sporting venue you've been to? What made it great?
I don't go to a lot. I don't even remember what the last thing I'd been to is. I do remember a few years ago, my friend won tickets to Big and Rich at the State Fair and I got to go with her. I loved it, I remember losing my voice because I knew most of the songs. The company was great. Bought a cool shirt too. That was awhile ago, and I know I've attended more concerts since then, but I still remember that one and not the others.
7. It's the last week of the month...in five words or less bid adieu to your February.
I survived the Plague.
That goes with the answer to No. 1
 8.  Insert your own random thought here.
My parents told me they were listing the house in March, I was informed this on Sunday. I'm in the middle of a couple art swaps, so I'm trying my hardest to get them done, so I can get my artsy stuff off the floor. I'm wondering if shoving things in closets is an acceptable way to move my stuff out of the way. Are people going to be looking in closets and seeing all my stuff. Of course, I also think of my mother's overstuffed craft room and wonder what her solution for that is, you can't just shut the door when people are looking at your house.
Now, if I could get people not to look at the floor, where a lot of my stuff is piled, it would be great. My surfaces that are decorated aren't bad, its the floor I really need to clean. Oh, and my dishes, maybe I could just stuff them in cupboards.
Along those lines, I also need to get back to searching for apartments. I really don't want to move. I have way too much stuff. My mom suggested renting a storage space for some of my stuff. That was kinda funny cause I had just mentioned not having enough money. There is so much bouncing around in my mind because of this, I'm so stressed. I'd like that easy button to push, so I could just wake up and it was all done already. Good luck with that

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Yes, I think people looking at the house will look in the closets. That seems to be important from what I've seen on House Hunters ;)

Joyce said...

Fried butter on a stick? I don't think I could do that one! I've moved a lot, and definitely look inside the closets : )