Friday, February 07, 2014

Stuff

So, I got my package together and it's ready to mail out, except I have to make the card. I look at my email to address the envelope and realize my partner lives in Canada. Funny, because right above her address it says: Address *To keep shipping cost fair US residents only*. Now, I feel bad because I took all this time to get stuff for my partner, make up a package I hope she'll like and part of the reason I signed up for this swap is because it was for US residents only. I can't afford to send to Canada. Technically, I shouldn't feel bad because not only did my partner not read the directions, the hostess didn't notice that her address was in Canada either.
I emailed the hostess, but I don't know what to do. I can afford $20 to mail across the US, but not $40 or so to go to Canada. I wonder if maybe I can ask my partner to pay for some of it, but that seems rude too.

I also found out today, my other Valentine's swap partner hasn't mailed my package yet, the one that was supposed to be mailed by last Saturday. There's nothing I can do, I did ask that when she mailed it, she make sure it would be here by Valentine's Day. She said she was planning on it. I'll probably be so busy in-between, I won't notice, but I feel like this happens to me a lot. The last bigger swap (as in medium priority mail box), my partner mailed late too. Of course, she also got rather annoyed when I asked she mail it two day priority, because by the time she informed me she hadn't mailed it, it was after I was supposed to receive it. I'm also a little bothered she hasn't posted about it on her blog yet, but what can you do.
I always try to uphold my end of the swap: get goodies my partner would like, spend as much as we're supposed to, and mail on time. That's all I can really do I guess.

I was wrapping the gifts for this swap, and then I ran out of tape, so some of them have blue tape on them. They're not the prettiest to look at, but I think one of the fun things about a swap is to have to unwrap each gift, it makes the suspense last longer. Plus, I always seem to have tons of tissue paper to use.

I posted on Facebook about making valentines for my friends. Bad idea, cause I have been having the hardest time getting inspired to make them. I had Sunday off, and I totally planned to start on them, and then I got distracted and sat down in front of the TV, and promptly fell asleep. Of course, I also ran out of/lost the rest of my glue sticks, so that's why I was distracted.
Last night, I sat down with my music and all my supplies on the floor, and then decided I'd post about the Valentine swaps I had received already, and then got distracted by something else on the computer, and suddenly it was 10PM.
Today, I have most of the day off, I do have to be at work at 5, but that's plenty of time right? I bought some colored cards yesterday at Jo Ann's and some heart ribbon for the cards. I thought of just cutting the cards in half and making a half card/tag and just writing on the backs of them. I have about 8 done. I'm not exactly sure how many I need, so maybe I could stop?

I'm also supposed to make a chocolate bread pudding for a thing tomorrow night, or at least that was the plan. Then I realized it will be cold when we eat it, I don't know if it will be as good cold. There's no possibility of warming it up, and I will be going right from work, so I can't really do anything about it. I don't know what to do.

I'll probably end up sending that package and eating the extra costs, it's too late to do anything else. I just wish people would pay attention to the rules. And I'll probably end up just making the bread pudding, I don't really have time to find another recipe, buy ingredients and make it. I have to make it tomorrow morning after mailing the package and then run off to work.
What's up in your neck of the woods?

No comments: