Friday, February 14, 2014

Some days I hate my body

This is going to be a pretty depressing post, just warning you up front.
I was going to tell you all why I hate Valentine's Day so much, and then I got sick last night and it's totally not helping. Last night I went to bed with a gurgling/upset stomach. I figured maybe if I went to bed it would go away, right? Not so much. Without going into details, I will just say I was up probably every hour getting rid of all the sustenance I consumed yesterday. Today, my stomach is still gurgling, and my body aches. I don't know what I got, I'm guessing a massive bout of food poisoning, but I'm planning on doing nothing today. There might be a trip to the grocery store for 7Up and saltines. I'm kinda scared to eat anything on the chance it will come back up.
When I was younger, I didn't mind Valentine's Day, we always had to trade at school and everyone got one, as I got older, my parents would get me stuff. Then I got a boyfriend, the first year was the best, neither of us had much money. He bought me a cute frog card, and a ring. I loved it, unfortunately he got a better job after that and would spend lavish amounts of money on things I didn't need. I always got 5 or so stuffed frogs, mostly those 3 feet tall ones.
The year he broke up with me, he stopped talking to me in January. I kept hoping there was some reason, and he would finally call me up. I figured, oh he'll do something cool for Valentine's Day. And then it came and nothing, that's when I knew for sure. How much of an ass can someone be to not talk to their girlfriend for 3 months and skip Valentine's Day and then break up (officially) with them in a text message?
That year, I also signed up for 2 or 3 swaps because I kinda knew we were broken up, they totally made my day. So, it's been kind of a tradition to do that every year. I have since learned my 'secret' partner did mail hers last Saturday and the post office said it would be here yesterday, so we can blame them for that. The other one, it looks like I'll have to wait until next week to receive.
I'm over it, it's been 2 or 3 years since that happened. After Valentine's Day, I went shopping for a stuffed animal to ease my pain, and vowed I wouldn't stop myself from buying things I wanted anymore. That's why I love the chocolate that comes out for Valentine's Day. I won't buy the $20 and above hearts, but I will splurge on the cheaper ones. But, I still hate St. V's Day

No comments: