Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Not so interesting stuff

I went to a Pampered Chef party tonight. I've never been to one of those before, it was pretty fun. I've been to Stampin' Up parties and a Pure Romance party, so I had an idea of what to expect, but I think I enjoyed this one the best. What's not to enjoy when there's food involved?
I knew two people other than the hostess. I wasn't planning to buy anything, but I'm still trying to get myself to do more cooking/baking, and I found something in their catalog I've been wanting for awhile.
Basically, we watched and learned about the products while the made some frozen dinners for the hostess. It was interesting, but I knew I wouldn't use a lot of the products. I already have similar ones at home, or I wouldn't actually use them. And just having them is not going to make me use them, just ask the ice cream maker I got for my birthday that's still sitting in it's box over six months later. She even made one of the meals the whole way through and we got to eat the finished product, plus a dessert. That was good, that sold me on a product.
I also liked that I was spending time with people my age. The people I work out with and hang out with from the library are in their 20's. We get along great, but I don't understand why we always have to have alcohol. That seems to be a central theme with some of them. It was nice to do something different for a change. I wish I had more friends my age. I have a few that work in another department at the library, but we don't really hang out. Like I said, the people I work with in my department are mostly in their twenties. The person I consider my best friend is in her 40's. I think I get along better with people that are in their 30's or 40's.

I've seen people picking words for 2014. That's not something I do. But, the other day, the word patience jumped out at me. So, I figured I'd work on that. I'm not really a patient person. I get rather annoyed with waiting. I don't like it when technology takes longer to do something than it should, or doesn't do something it should.
I'm also trying to downsize, of course that kind of goes with the fact that I'll have to move soon. I keep telling myself, don't buy things you don't need, but then I always fail on that. I tell myself to just use the craft supplies I have (and I have a ton), and then I see something at Hobby Lobby that I want, and I buy it. I will be going to garage sales this summer, but I will try really hard to not buy as much. Part of the reason I'm making myself go, is to get out of the house and get some more exercise. I really need to start walking more.

I have two swaps I need to mail out on Friday. The mail date is actually Saturday, but I have a double header I have to work, so that's not going to happen. One swap, I have to make a tag and a card and send some red destash. I've finished the making part, I just need to get a few things put together and that one's done. The other I have to put together a package, make a valentine and mail. All I have left is to finish the card and mail it out.

I was thinking tonight I should make valentines again this year and give them to people. Mostly my co-workers, but maybe a few friends and family too. Do people really like receiving valentines? Or is it kinda lame?

No comments: