Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Venting

My mother said I was in charge of Mother's Day this year. Usually we drive up to see her side of the family, but that's not going to happen this year, anyone have any ideas for me? I thought we might go to some local gardens, and maybe have a picnic somewhere, but that's all I've got. I also bought her this really cool Vogue Sewing Book, it was published in 1975 and it's got some really cool stuff in it. I think I need something more for her present, but I don't know what.
I just realized (ok, I've known it for awhile, but it hit me a little harder) that I don't have a life outside of work. I think that would be OK if I worked all the time, but I don't my average week is 18 hours. I can live on it, but that gives me a lot of free time where I'm doing pretty much nothing. I have 2 regular days off during the week soon, and I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself.
Now that it's warm again, our ground bees have ret'd. I've decided they're not very smart. For the past 3 or so years we've had them and every year we have someone come and spray them so they go away, and then they come back, spreading further every year. Anyone know how to get rid of them for good?
Speaking of bugs, I found a wasp in my bedroom this morning. I was not pleased. I used to fine a few wasps next to my bedroom windows every year. Then I got central air, with the ducts in the attic, and we found a wasp nest up there. We got rid of it, and thought that solved the problem. Last year, I collected 2 hornets and 4 wasps. I'm getting really sick of finding them. I think there's a new nest up there, but I am not climbing up to find out.
I host an ATC group on Yahoo. It used to be so fun. Lately, not so much. Last year, I was going to take a month off, but then no one said they wanted to swap, so I pretty much took off the whole year. I started up again last fall, with a very small percentage of our regular numbers. Then people started not sending me enough postage, so I started paying out of my own pocket, then we lost one of the regular players (oweing me money too). February, we got a new member, but I didn't get the cards until the very last day (our swaps are monthly, I send out a packet of stuff, people make cards and are supposed to have the cards to me by the end of the month. They're also supposed to send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope with enough postage to get their return cards and next month's packet back to them), and even one the first day of March. This is with 2 people plus me playing. And then I said I needed a month off due to being uninspired. One of my regulars complained, saying it sounded like the players made me uninspired, not that it could have been stuff in my life. But, I put a lot of time into gathering the packets together (every month we have a theme, and I put together a packet with items that go with that theme), and when people don't get things back to me on time, and don't even tell me if their mailed. It makes it a little annoying. Today is the last month of April, I still haven't received any cards. I'm thinking of just giving up. I had two more people join, but I haven't heard much from them, haven't gotten any interest in anyone to play in May. I don't know what to do. I do know that the stress from this group isn't helping me at all, and it might be better to just give up. I don't need extra stress in my life.

No comments: