Saturday, April 27, 2013

No Garage Sale Finds

Strike out at garage sales this weekend. I do have one picture for you though.
I had a neighborhood I wanted to hit yesterday, but I talked myself out of it. It was a pretty far walk, and I think most of the reason I was excited to go to it was that it was the first sale I had seen listed. I got home from work yesterday and pretty much lounged around for the rest of the day. I remember having a short nap in the afternoon, and then falling asleep around 8 or so, and sleeping for an hour. I was just so drained, I have no idea why.
Today, I had 3 sales I wanted to hit, one started early, one listed art supplies in their ad, and the last listed flowers. The first one, I couldn't find, I walked by where I thought it should be, didn't even see the address. The second one was just sad, no one greeted me, and the 'art supplies' were a basket full of spray paint. The third one, I realized I had been to last year, and it was just as exciting. I didn't find any flowers. I was hoping to find some nice flowers to give to my mother, she is getting over something from a few weeks back.
My plan for the afternoon was to go down to Target and Walmart. As I was on my way down there, I saw a sign for the first sale, saying it was in the alley. If it was, they didn't even have signs at the end of the alley to tell you, I didn't go back to find out.
I found a few things to buy at Target, some tights and the deoderant I went for. A month or so ago, I had been there and had seen The Hunger Games for $10, and I have been kicking myself for not buying it. It was still at that price, so I bought it, plus the 10th Kingdom miniseries for $5, I remember watching it on TV when I was a kid, I hope it's as good as I remember it.
I wandered over to Walmart, it's about a block from Target, I generally go to both of them when I go down there. I've been so bored with my clothing lately, I don't know if it's cause it's warmer weather and I want different clothes or what. I picked up this dress:
and 3 brightly colored T-shirts, as well as a nice purple tank top. I also bought some cute plastic cups (I never have enough cups in the right size) for $.87, I had to get a Brave one, a Finding Nemo one, Cookie Monster, and Hawkeye from The Avengers. I LOVE Jeremy Renner, he's become my new fav guy in movies. I also had to pick up some chocolate. I spent way too much money between the two stores and won't be spending more for awhile.
I was very bummed I didn't find anything to spend my garage sale $$$ on. But I'm glad I didn't buy something just to spend money.
On May 11th, one of the close towns is doing their city wide garage sale. My co-worker and I are planning to go. I've done this the past couple years. The first year, I went with my aunts, and while it was fun, I had even more fun last year. My mom said it was probably because my co-worker and I are closer in age than my aunts are. That Friday and Saturday, one of the sales I go to every year is having theirs as well. I plan to stop by on Friday.
I think it's a little weird that these are happening right before Mother's Day.

My plan for the rest of the day is to eat ice cream and watch movies.

Did you guys find anything good?

No comments: