Thursday, July 26, 2012

Very cool stuff

WARNING: This is a very picture heavy post.
Last night I went shopping with a friend, we started at Hobby Lobby, traveled to the Dollar Store and ended at Walmart. Here's some of the cool stuff I picked up:
 At Hobby Lobby, I picked up the snail pot (which got cut off at the top of the picture), and the cute little lady bugs. The "socks" are acutally coin purses afrom the Dollar Store. And the best purchase of the evening was the stickers, at the top are owls, and some hearts. They're steampunk from Walmart.

When I got home, I found a box from my Merry Unbirthday Cake Swap partner waiting for me:
 It's a 2 tiered cake with a cute pin cushion on top. My choice of colors was pastel, they aren't terrible pastel-y, but I like it anyway. The pink is ribbon, she added pom pom trim on top of that and decorated the sides with buttons. The top tier is sitting on some bead feet, as is the bottom under the doilies. Here's what was inside:
 a cute little matchbox, a bag of buttons, some flowers, and some string.
 A book full of free sewing project cards from Jo Ann's.
 More buttons, trim, some safety pins, thimbles and cards.
 Some hankies, and I'm not entirely sure what the round pieces are.
And some cute cards.

Today when I got home from work (which was a long annoying 4 hours), I found the box from my Hat Box swap partner waiting from me. This was the outside:
 What I saw when I opened the box:
 And what was actually in it:
 a tiny bucket, letters, string, antibacterial wash, wildflower seeds.
 Lots of cards, a book mark, tags, and an accordian scrapbook.
Here's the hat box:
 And what was inside:
 A giant doily, butterflies, flowers, thread, trim, a candle, keys, a starfish.
 Kleenex, more trim, glitter, some straight pins, and buttons.
Some more doilies and some cute hankies.
To see what I sent out for the Hat Box swap go here, and how I decorated it, go here.

I have to say it was well worth the wait for these two swaps. Thank you ladies.


Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my 800th post and giveaway.

1 comment:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

im glad you liked the swaps...i luv the rhinestone buttons frances sent you...looks like you made out like a bandit. did you post pictures of what you sent
tabitha