Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm losing my mind

I remember posting this, but I don't know where it went, so here it is again. I heard the other day that my Merry Unbirthday Cake Box partner received her cake, so here's what I sent to her:
 I had the hardest time figuring out what I was going to do with the box. I started out by painting it white and then covering it with green tissue paper. For the top I painted some dragonfly buttons with alcohol inks, and because my partner said she liked flowers, I covered it with flowers. There are tons of different flowers on her, paper, fabric, buttons, gems. I layered them with pretty much anything flower shaped.
Here's the side:
 I traced the line of where the lid would rest and then added three lines of trim with gems adorning them.

Here's what I sent inside the box:
She said she liked flowers, so I got her some flower pins, a present topper, and a magnet flower. She also said she liked whimsical doo dads, I wasn't entirely sure how to interpret that, I got her some F tags (her name is Fran), some ribbon, gems, and canvas tags.

Let's hope this one doesn't get lost. To see what I got from here, go here.

3 comments:

*Goddess* said...

Wow, that is SO PRETTY! Great job. Wish I was that crafy.

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

i like all the presents you included...im sure frances enjoyed it.

The Junque Seeker said...

Very pretty! Wasn't this a fun swap?