Monday, November 28, 2011

Ornament Swap

Remember how I was saying I wanted to join some swaps? Well, I joined 3, two of which I remembered and one I did not. I got an email last Sunday asking for my address so my partner could send me the ornaments. I couldn't remember I'd joined this swap, but after she sent me the link to it, I do remember filling out a form. Anyways, here's what I sent her:
I decided to shop at local shops, I think it's more fun than going to stores everyone has access to. One store I went to is called Worldly Goods, it has handmade ornaments from countries all over the world. It's a fair trade organization (I think that's what it's called), where all the money from the things they sell goes right back to the people who made them. I loved the 2 paper stars, and the "Joy" is actually cut from a coconut shell.


These are from a store called Great Stuff, I got all 16 of these for a great price, and couldn't pass them up, especially since my partner said she liked brown ornaments.

Here's what she sent me:


Lots of blue and silver sparkly ornaments. I love them.


I really love that star one on the top. I told her I was trying to collect more snow items and in blue, pink or purple. I am so sick of dreary and dull lately.
These really brightened up my apartment.


She also included this cute little snowman card. Thank you Sonya.

The other 2 swaps are handmade ones, once I get them mailed and/or receive confirmation that my partners have got them I will post on my other blog.

1 comment:

Carrie M said...

Pretty!

I think the term you are looking for is "fair trade" :)