Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lots of pictures

OK, this is gonna be a long post. The antique mall in my town is going out of business and today was the last day they were going to be open, so I had to see if there was anything else I needed. I
These next 3 pictures are from a bag of linens,
I love that blue and white flower

My favorite piece is the one in the lower right hand corner.

The ribbon is more papery than ribbony, the buttons are little tiny green shank ones.

 I love things where you don't know exactly what's in it.

And here's what was inside:

I never look at the buttons here, but since they were going out of business, I figured 'why not?'. The two cards are a mottled brown/purple shank, two large black horn ones, white ones, a large green one, and a group of misc buttons.

A boot ornament cut from metal, a Santa ornament, a mirrored tree, and a reindeer.



Some vintage Valentines

A white Czech pot, an Alabaster owl bell carved in Italy, a red and white flower pot, a china doll head. It was there last time I went through, and I kept thinking about it after I got home, I think it will be a good thing to use in my artwork. I also love the Iowa gold wire coin purse.

I just wanted the fish card on the top of this bundle, the pound puppy has a tag that says "1/4 pounder", he was there a few weeks ago when I went through, I'm glad he was still there. The doll's dress says "Lime Parfait", she kinda looks like a Strawberry Shortcake doll.

The lace dress I think has silk on the bottom, a brown hanky, and a crocheted medallion.


I signed up for a vintage stocking swap, so I was really glad we got our partners before the antique mall closed. Some of the items I bought are for that, others are just for me, or Christmas presents

No comments: