Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm Tired

The pictures in this post have nothing to do with it, I just figured you'd want something to look at while I whine. They are some of my favorite finds this summer.
I am so ready for a day off from working. I get next Thursday (Thanksgiving) off. By that time I will have worked every day for a month between my two jobs.


I never realized how very stressful it is to deal with the public all the time. I work at the library, and I take tickets at basketball games. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of nice people in the world, and I get to deal with a lot of them, but I always have at least one rude/annoying/whatever person when I'm working.


And I seem to get so many more at the library, between not reading things, not thinking about other people, and just not paying attention, there's a lot of them.


I would like a day where I can just sit at home and watch TV or read and not be bothered by anyone. I would turn my cell off and unplug my land line, and just ignore the outside world.


I've noticed I get really annoyed and grumpy so much faster lately. More things just get under my skin. This morning I was pissed at my computer for moving so slow, I was so annoyed, I thought about calling in sick. It wasn't even 8AM and I was really angry.


I know I shouldn't be whining because there are plenty of people that work way more hours than I do, and in so many more stressful jobs.


I also have a lot of things to do before the upcoming holiday season. I'm trying to keep up with my baking every weekend, I have 3 swaps I need to make things for and send out.


My initial thought with my baking was that I had more time on the weekends. This weekend, I'm working at the library in the morning of Sat, and then go to my other job that night, and I work a game on Sunday.


I signed up for a Steampunk charm swap through one of my Yahoo groups. I have no idea how to create steampunk charms, but I love swapping charms. I have some green leather I plan to use, I also have some metal number plates that I think are off of church pews or something, but I have no idea what I'm going to do. I have some bullet casings that I'd love to use, but I don't have a drill to use.


I signed up for an ornament swap at Button Floozies. We're supposed to make 3 ornaments where buttons are the main item. I'm planning on making 5 ornaments, one for each person in my group, one for me, and one for a stocking swap I signed up for. I'm thinking about sewing little shapes and adding buttons to them. I haven't started those out, I believe they're supposed to be in the mail in two weeks.


I signed up for a vintage stocking swap where we're supposed to make a vintage stocking and then fill it with gifts for our partner. I'm planning on sewing some of my vintage linens and hankies onto some quilt batting in the shape of a stocking. I went shopping for my partner yesterday at the antique mall that's closing, so I have the gifts for her, now I just need to start the stocking.

I'm wondering if part of the reason I'm so annoyed lately is because I haven't been doing any artwork. I've always said music and my artwork keep me sane, and with the stuff I have due soon, I should do some.

At least I have a bunch of my Christmas shopping done. I have one more thing in the works for my mother, and then I'm done shopping for her. All the presents I have are wrapped and waiting to be put under a tree or in a stocking. I don't have my Christmas list done though. I have 4 things on it, I just don't know what to put on it.

I'm annoyed with the post office, I sent a package to Virginia on the 2nd and it still hasn't arrived yet. It was for a swap that was due on the 10th. I told the hostess if she gets all of them before mine, she can go ahead and swap out. I would love to hang out with friends, and go shopping. I would love to do something fun.

I'm just so ready for a break. Even when I'm in my house, I can't just read in peace because my dad has his stuff up so loud underneath me.

Hurry up and get here, Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

I think this is the season of stress! Sometimes you just need to vent!

You could put noise cancelling headphones on your Christmas list... ;)