Friday, April 15, 2011

Estate Sale

I had a hard time deciding whether or not to go to this sale today. The apartment building just had a sale last week, and from what I had heard, it was going to be a lot of Christmas stuff, I finally figured I'd never know if there was a great thing unless I went. Here's what I got: A salted nut bar for $1.00, a cute vinyl bag for $.10, and a stuffed bunny I was thinking about last week for $.25 An Amber Hocking Fireking dish for $.40, a triangular dish for $.75, a porcelain bunny for $.50, and a tiny glass swan for $.75
Today's grand total was $3.75


There's another sale in my block tomorrow, that I figured I'd stop by before work. There was one last week as well, but because they had put their sign up where it wasn't supposed to be, I decided not to go to it. Do any of you do things like that? I've also noticed that if a place has quite a few sales a year (one place last year seemed to have one every weekend), I won't go to it either. Plus, if it was a bad first sale I went to, I mark it in my head not to go back to that address. I'm ok with 2 sales (or three like the apartment building I went to today) a year, but more than that, I just get annoyed. I don't know why, it just bothers me.


I've also noticed most things I buy are $1.00 or under. Almost like it's better that way, though if I stopped to think about it, I probably buy more because I think I'm getting a deal. Who knows? I have been known to buy stuff that's priced more if I think it's worth it.


And I did bypass a few things I could have used in my art. So, I'm sorta sticking to my rules. I found a cute double deck of cards with 1950's art on them, that probably would have looked really cute on something, but I do have other 1950's art and cards here that I don't use. I also found a little cardboard box that I could alter, but I do have a whole suitcase full of alterable things.

I have found myself buying more decorative things, especially springy things. I'm drawn to those more this year.

Also, looks like there will be a lot more garage sale posts on here, now that garage sale season has started.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thank you Wendy for the wonderful Easter Egg ornament you created for Amy's Nine Days of Easter Swap! We love it.

Michelle & Ashley