Sunday, January 16, 2011

I can't afford my life.

Now, that sounds like I'm living a hugely extravagant life, but no, just a normal one. It means, I can't afford my emergency room bill for my finger, that will be over $600, I can't afford my medical insurance because my monthly payments keep going up every year, I can't afford something else that needs to be done, but won't.
I guess I really need to get off my ass and looking for a full time job, but working at my part times makes me want one where I don't have to deal with the politics in the job, unfortunately, I think you have to deal with those everywhere.
I was thinking of something yesterday, that I shouldn't be thinking of, but seemed like a great way out.
And then I was watching a movie last night and a line was "let go and let god". I don't know what I think about that, but most likely in my lax at finding another job to cover my bills isn't that kinda like waiting for something to happen or letting god?

I don't know, I'm stressed and not happy.

4 comments:

Carrie M said...

I think the phrase "let go and let god" mans to relax and stop trying to control things that you really can't control. Like, you can't help it if a tree falls on your house, you can only control how you react to it.

Have you thought about going back to school, or maybe getting some sort of professional license? I know it would mean more money and/or debt, but it might be something to look into and work towards.

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, what Carrie said, plus the Universe gives you signs, but you have to make the move.

You can't sit there waiting for It to take care of you while you do nothing, otherwise known as "going on welfare":).

Britta said...

Oh, I'm really sorry to read of your misfortune! To sit and wait for a wonder will not do, but to think - as you do - what assets you have, becoming active and doing something even if you don't like it 100% - maybe that will give you the chance to something else, find new connections, open another door. Than that will be the miracle. I wish you good luck with all my heart!

Laurie said...

I’m glad you stopped by to visit and enter my giveaway! I have always wanted to live in a Victorian; it sounds like your living situation would be wonderful were it not for the financial stress. That said, I think all of us go through times like that but it's not permanent. I know what you mean about jobs with politics, and I hate to say it but they all seem to come down to that. I think if you can get a full time job, you should try and just tell yourself that it's not forever. Seriously -- most of us can put up with anything temporarily, and it's all a learning experience. Good luck!