Saturday, October 16, 2010

Garage sales this week

Alright, went to 5 garage sales, and our library's book sale this weekend.
First sale was about a block away from me, I got canvas boards for $1.00, a book on Iowa for $1.00, the paper punch for $.50, and the mysterious bag for $.75
All I saw in the bag was the lace, but here's what else was in it:
Next sale I went to was a church sale, it was pay whatever you thought was reasonable, I thought $3.00, but just being up there in line, I was persuaded to pay $5.00
I got these activity books, napkins, journal, pencils, and
a box of buttons, the Santa figuring, and the 2 pins.
Here's a close-up on the pins, I'm planning on putting one or both in the Halloween giveaway:
Next was another garage sale, the Puzzlemania/Mathmania activity books were $.50 each, Guess Who was $2.00. I find it funny how people love to try and sell activity books where all the activities are already done.
I got the bag of stamps for $.50, the cat stamp was $.75, and the stuffed animal was $.05. The stuffed bug, is a doodelbug from Sesame Street, you never see those anymore, so I had to buy it and for only a nickel.
Here are the stamps that were actually in the bag, what sold me was the two frogs, I bought the whole bag for those.
Lastly, I went to the library book sale today, I usually go on Sunday, because it's half price then, but I'm out of town tomorrow.
The Quick and Tasty book was in the special collections for $3.00, and I'm not exactly sure why, the book next to it was in the regular nonfiction section for $1.00, and it's much bigger than the other one.
I also bought these image books for $.50 each.
Check out Debbie's party here, go here to see last week's sale finds, and don't forget to sign up for my Halloween giveaway here, it ends on the 20th.

4 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

look at you with all your fun finds. I really like the cookbooks. Thanks for joining me...I added the link to the party. Have a good one.

The Old Parsonage said...

Score - love all your fun finds!

Enjoy them!
Leann

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of goodies! I'd love to find the canvasboards and other supplies!

Nerissa Alford said...

Fun stuff! I just lived vicariously through your post - thank you. I used to hit estate sales all the time when I was back in the states & boy do I miss them!!
Nerissa