Friday, September 04, 2009

No need to worry, no need to cry

I am so sick of people telling me I need to find a full-time job. As if I'm not looking now. I found a posting for a full-time temporary job for the middle of Sept to January, that I'm planning to apply for, but people never seem to be satisfied with me. If it makes me happy why can't they just back off?
I'm done at UBS now, hoping to help out next semester. I was complaining to Kevin about how sick I was of the students swiping their debit/credit cards before I was ready for them. The cash registers don't take the card until we get to the end and tell it debit or credit. He was saying how I needed to find a full-time job so I wouldn't have to do the job anymore, I love the job, but some things just bother me, especially when I get it every day. I don't understand why he gets to complain about his job and I can't. I love it how when I worked at the art shop it was ok, because I had a steady paycheck, I might not have always happy with it, but I had a paycheck.
I'd love to have a lot of temp jobs like JLo has in Monster-in-Law. I love how she's set up in that movie, and she's happy with what she does. I'd love to have that, like now, I like what I do in all 3 (2 now) jobs, but because it's not full-time, it doesn't count I guess. Is it possible to be happy with your job and make enough money to get by?
I do want to be independent, I don't want to depend on other people. And it's not like I'm not trying to find a full-time job, it's just that there aren't a lot out there right now. And I don't really want to work in some other town (granted I can't right now because I don't have a driver's license, but I don't want to drive quite a distance to work anyway), but I really don't want to have to do that.

I hate how Kevin always tries to change me. Granted it's worked for a few things, I'm eating healthier, I'm drinking way more water, I'm spending less money, and at the moment, I'm working on cleaning my apartment and I would like to keep it clean, sometimes it just doesn't seem to be enough. Why do people insist on trying to change me? Aren't I good enough for them?

No comments: