Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Everything's gonna be alright

I bought bananas a couple weeks ago to take with me to the bookstore for lunch, they went brown, so I decided to make banana bread with them. Bad idea.
I got a recipe from my mother and had to go to the grocery store for: eggs, baking powder, baking soda, lemon juice, milk, and pam. I accidentally bought 2 boxes of baking powder instead of one each of baking powder and baking soda. I didn't notice this until I had everything in the oven and was putting away my ingredients. How is it I always seem to mess stuff up?
Anyhow, my bread was already in the oven in little bread pans on top of a cookie sheet. Good thing they're on a cookie sheet because I just checked them halfway through their cooking time, they're overflowing onto the cookie sheet. I honestly don't know what baking powder and soda do, so I don't know how royally I've screwed up the bread, we'll see. I'm figuring I filled the pans too full, but I only had 4 pans and I didn't want to go find something else to put the rest in, so I knew about that, I guess I didn't know how much they would rise. I also added almonds instead of walnuts, just to try something out. Kevin's always telling me to try stuff out, we'll see how this is.
I kinda hope I didn't screw things up too bad, because banana bread sounds really good.

I was so proud of myself as I was mixing the stuff up. I was thinking I should start my Christmas list and put mixing bowls and cookie sheets on it.

No comments: