Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm being tortured

OK, I love the warm weather, don't get me wrong, but ever since it's hit 45 (sometimes even before), everyone has been out riding their bikes, and it's been so very painful to hear them.
My motorcycle helmet has been collecting dust in my closet for over a year, it sure seemed like a good purchase at the time. How was I supposed to know I'd get a boyfriend who didn't ride a motorcyle? I always thought that would be a requirement for a boyfriend.
What I wouldn't do for a ride nowadays. OK, there's a lot, but I hate being outside and seeing and hearing a bike go by. Plus, Zylstra's Hog Roast (you'll have to scroll down on the link) is next weekend and Kevin has to work both Friday and Saturday night, so I won't be going to that. Though I wonder if it won't hurt less not being able to go to that. Just having all those bikes and bikers around me and knowing I'm not able to ride on the back of (with) any of them.
Trying to think of a way to explain this to people that aren't into bikes. Think of something you love to do and then imagine you aren't able to do that thing anymore (for whatever reason), it hurts, deep down inside, it really hurts.

No comments: