Saturday, November 08, 2008

Don't need no credit card to ride this train

I decided last night as I was walking past the PD on my way home from work, I miss the cops (no, not in that way). I miss going on ride-along's, I miss seeing them at work, and most of all I miss chatting with them. Wonder what that means.
We got our first snow yesterday mornin, Kevin said he had about an inch on his truck when he got off work at 6AM. And later when I started off to work about 4:30PM, it was snowing again, as well as when I left work at 8. But, because the ground is still pretty warm, it didn't stick. Though I'm glad I don't live in the Dakotas.

OK, so I'm disappointed about who won on Tuesday, but what really bothers me is I was talking to my dad last Sunday, and I was chatting about how much the store had made on Sat.
Me: one woman wanted to get her Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving.
Dad: She won't be doing her American duty to go out and shop on Black Friday
Me: It doesn't matter how many times you say that, I'm not going to believe it.
Dad: But your president said it.
Me: I don't believe everything he says either.
Dad: Well, Sarah Palin will kick you out of the country for that.
Me: No, she won't cause I'm voting for her.
Dad: You shouldn't waste your vote on Tuesday then.

That really bothered me that he said that, I know he was kidding (maybe), but it really bothered me, and after hearing the results Tuesday night (I kept hoping it would be like the Truman election, where they predicted Dewey won, and then the next day said it was Truman), it kinda felt like I did waste my vote. This year was the first year that I voted for president where I didn't agree with my parents. The last election, I voted for Kerry because that's who my parents were voting for. That is one of the most horrible reasons, I know. And I hope that everyone does their homework and researches the candidates before they pick anyone. But it would have been really cool if McCain won. Just because this was a big election for me, because I had researched McCain and decided that his stance on the Iraq War lined up with mine pretty well, and that was the biggest most important thing to me.
Argue with me if you want to, but I will not engage in a conversation about politics. It's usually two people trying to convince the other person of their side, but neither person is going let go of their beliefs and it turns into a screaming argument where people are hurt afterward, and nothing is resolved. Politics is one of the main reasons people do not get along. I choose not to talk about it and I get along fine with people.

No comments: