Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Welcome to the party

So, last week was busy as hell. Worked 8 - 4 at the book store, and then Tues, Thurs and Fri worked 5-8 at the games store. Got off from the book store, hurried across the street, caught the bus, got off by the games store, bought my pop, went into the back of the games store, changed my clothes, ate my supper and had about half hour break before working the 3 hours.
I was beyond tired every night after getting home. Saturday I slept in til 10AM, which for me is majorly sleeping in. I liked the work, don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed it, it was just really tiring. Sure didn't like getting up at 6:30 every day, catching the 7:45 bus and getting to work where it was dead for about 1.5 hrs, but I really enjoyed working there. On Friday, the credit/debit service went down, so we were just running people through who were paying with cash and check. Then to reboot the system, we shut all the registers down (there's about 15 in the whole store) and were working on one register in the whole store. It was a portable register and was on a totally different system. It was like that for about 45 minutes. Personally I thought it was fun, no one else shared my sentiment.

Yesterday, being Labor Day, both Kevin and I were off, so we went to see the windmill farm, those wind things are HUGE. Then we went over to the Ledges and wandered through there. The road's still closed as they haven't scraped off the road, it's covered in 2-3 inches of mud at least all on the bottom road. It was interesting to see what had been cleared away by the flooding and how the creek had changed.

No comments: