Monday, July 14, 2008

Trying to make it on my own

I'm meeting with a business coach to figure out what my passion is and what I really want to do with my life. This week I had to fill out some worksheets: my ideal day, week, and year.
This is all I could come up with:
My ideal day
Waking up naturally and not to the buzzing of an alarm clock.
If I wake up early, not having to be anywhere/do anything extremely important (where I have to do deep thinking) until 10 AM.
Doing something to make a difference in someone's life and actually witness their joy/pleasure in doing that.
Working with my hands.
Wearing something that I'm comfortable in, whether it be causal or a little dressy.
I'd love to work in an office, most likely a small one where I'm interacting with the same 5 or 6 people daily.
I'd need some place to work away from home that doesn't have the distractions of TV or the mess of my house, but I'd need to be able to listen to music at least sometime during my day.
I'd like a 10-6 day then after having a half hour for supper, go and cart/shelve books as a volunteer at the library for a couple hours.
I'd want to end my work day about 8, so I could spend the rest of the day (2 or 3 hours) cuddling/hanging out with my boyfriend/friends.

My ideal week:
Monday:
No work. The day when I get all my errand done when businesses are open. The day I go to the post office at the beginning of each month for my collageatc's group, as well as mailing anything I sell online.
When I go to the grocery store, but don't have a set agenda for what I'm buying (when I get to treat myself)

Saturday:
When I make my trek to the bank and the grocery store with my list. Also when I have lists of things to get at other stores

Sunday:
My lazy day to spend doing something physical outside with my boyfriend

My ideal year:
Summer:
To go to my condo in Arnold's Park with my boyfriend for a week, relaxing.

Winter:
Not being in a place where I have to shovel the sidewalks.


What are some of your ideal days, weeks, or years?

No comments: