Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Where are you going?

Sometimes I get so worked up and have this great blog all planned out, then I get home and forget the whole thing. Someone tole me I was ornery today because I told Kevin (I'm tired of remembering to go back and delete his name, so I'm printing it from now on out, and changing all my previous posts, you'll get over it) to go ticket a Jeep that the driver hadn't paid the meter for. Dictionary.com defines ornery as:
1. ugly and unpleasant in disposition or temper.
2. stubborn.
3. low or vile.
4. inferior or common; ordinary.
I'm gonna guess they meant definition #1, as they have used this adjective with me before. What I don't get is how I'm ornery because I feel people should be punished for breaking the law (and I will admit I believe some things shouldn't be punished for, but I hate people that disregard parking laws, and NOT because my boyfriend writes parking tickets for the city), someone wanna explain that to me?
Ladies (I guess men, too, but I've never had this problem with a guy), when you're wearing somehting white, make sure it's not see through, or if it is, put something other than your underwear underneath it, we don't care that you're wearing a bra (actually we do, because then we're not treated to your breasts) and blue underwear, maybe we care, but we don't need to see it.
Kevin and I were in Earl May this weekend, and they had some degus, the babies are the size and look of gerbils, and the adults are about the size of a baby rabbit. Anyways, there was a mother and 8 babies, and it was so cute/funny to watch the kids fighting and bugging the mom. Free great entertainment, they even have free popcorn in the store. Can't ask for much more.
New funny show, Just For Laughs, it airs Tuesdays nights 8/7 central (sorry too late to watch this week) on ABC. It reminds me of Candid Camera, except they don't have people sitting in a studio talking about the clip, and they don't feed you that line "Smile, you're on Candid Camera" at the end of the clip, but still hilarious.
Ya know how people in relationships always seem to have a song? I've decided Ticks by Brad Paisley is our song. Not that it's really a love song, but I remember one night when we were sitting in a park listening to the radio, and it came on and I told Kevin to pay attention to the song. So, now everytime I hear it, it puts me in a good mood. I've also been listening to songs and certain phrases pop out at me that describe how I feel about our relationships, I wish I could find a whole song that did that. Here's a couple I've heard recently:
I am no superman
I have no answers for you
I am no hero, that's for sure
But I do know one thing
Where you go is where I want to be
from Where Are You Going by Dave Matthews Band
But now that you're here
I just feel like I'm constantly dreaming
Cause something's gotta go wrong
Cause I'm feelin' way too damn good
from Feelin' Way Too Damn Good by Nickelback
Anyone got anything like this in their relationship?
Is it possible to get a headache from a lack of noise, because it's way too quiet?

1 comment:

Carrie M said...

Haha, my sister sent me the tick song because of my summer job (she's collected ticks too, and she's one of the people in charge of the Lyme Disease project). In her email she was like, "It's so romantic!" It was funny.